Book on Alaska to read in advance?

firststeps

I know I can count on folks on this board to recommend some good books on Alaska before we take the cruise. All suggestions, please... Thanks, Terri

Don't know what kind of books you are looking for but we bought five through the years. Frommer's Alaska, Alaska for Dummies, Scenic Driving (Alaska and the Yukon), Lonely Planet - Alaska, and Insight Guides - alaska. And with all that, I found most of my information off the Internet.

Sue Henry's mysteries are really good. I especially liked her first, "Murder on the Iditarod Trail." You'll feel like you were riding on the sled.

I agree! I saw Libby Riddles speak 2 weeks ago in Juneau. She was selling this book at her table - led me to think the information in these novels is very well researched. The 2nd book in the Alaska series, Sleeping Lady, takes place in the Klondike. I really liked that to. The 3rd book should be here in a few days - just ordered. :)

Did some research to answer this question for myself just a couple of weeks ago. Here's a list from a recent Barnes and Noble order:

Book titles from several entries on the Alaska board.

RAE

Did some research to answer this question for myself just a couple of weeks ago. Here's a list from a recent Barnes and Noble order:

Book titles from several entries on the Alaska board.

RAE

The last entry, ALASKA CRUISE HANDBOOK, is put out by Princess, it is over 300 pages, I got it through my TA.

john

Archived