How Formal?? We need to pack tomorrow!

Mamarach

We will be in the Caribbean in a couple of days. Yay! I'm just wondering about the formal nights (there are two, right?) My husband doesn't want to wear a suit, just a shirt and tie. Do you think that is fine?

Also, the rest of the evenings...is he ok with just nicer t-shirts and khaki shorts? Or would polos be more appropriate?

Thanks!

Rachael

Yep... I agree... a shirt and tie are fine...

This is from Carnival FAQs:

What is Cruise Elegant Attire?spacer.gifCruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

Have a wonderful Caribbean adventure!!

:)

A shirt and tie and dress pants will be fine :). Just as a note there will be professionals taking pictures on formal night. You can have your pic taken and decide later if you want to buy a copy...if you like the way it looks. If makes a great gift to give to family for mothers day/fathers day/ christmas.

My dh wore dress pants, dr. shirt, dr. shoes, and NO tie and looked like alot of the rest on formal night. I even saw some rock and roll looking tees and flip flops. THEY DID stand out badly. Casual nights I think anything and everything came walking in.:p At least that was on the Fascination.

On the one formal night I go to I wear a suit. I usually try to take pictures before and during dinner, and right after dinner it backs to casual wear. I don't want to feel stuffy or overheated watching a show or walking around.

We go formal on "Cruise Elegant" nights simply because we like to look dressed up once in a while.

Slacks and a golf shirt would suffice the rest of the time in the dining room, although I would have no problem with longer shorts, like knee length.

I personally do not wear shirts that don't button (work uniform for over 20 years was golf shirt, yuck) and that is why I usually wear my nice island shirts in the dining room.

Doc

Looking for an opinion....

My hubby is an active duty Army Officer. Do you think it would be okay for him to wear his dress blues?

Thanks for any input!

Paulette

My hubby is an active duty Army Officer. Do you think it would be okay for him to wear his dress blues?

Thanks for any input!

Paulette

Considering that Formal nights were done away with a year ago fleetwide, it seems a little overdressed if you ask me.But thats just my opinion.But if he does, he is representing the US military and needs to act that way and follow the rules on what he can do and can't do.

Steve

i for one would be so proud to sit at a table with a US soldier in his dress blues. even if i wasn't at his table i would probably stand and shake his hand and thank him for his service.

it's just my opinion, but i think he would look wonderful in his dress blues.

Considering that Formal nights were done away with a year ago fleetwide, it seems a little overdressed if you ask me.But thats just my opinion.But if he does, he is representing the US military and needs to act that way and follow the rules on what he can do and can't do.

Steve

Thanks for the opinion...it is appreciated!

You need not worry, after being active duty for over 14 years he definitely knows how to behave while in uniform...afterall, he's not only representing the military but the whole entire USA!!! :D

Paulette (proud Army spouse!)

He will not be over dressed in dress blues, he should definitely wear them. As for OP what your DH is thinking of wearing is definitely within the dress code. Personally I would go for polos on the casual nights instead of tees but either will work.

I figure the dining room is like a nice resturaunt on shore. I dress like I would for it. If you would wear tees there then wear it on board, if not dress however you would on land.

If you are going to pack any kind of sports jacket and chinos/dress pants, why not just pack your suit. Kinda defeats the purpose, as far as packing light.

Suits, even with out a tie, looks so much nicer, specially on those beautiful expensive CCL photos.

Military Blues = 110% okay

Thanks for any input!

Paulette

Yes,,,,,,tell him to wear his Dress Blues.......

Go and get photos made.........

Have a great Cruise...

Archived