Golden Eagle Catamaran Sail & Snorkel

bsfd118

They only book excursions from cruise ships through the ship. Not sure if you can get around this.

From the Golden Eagle website:

If you would like further information about any of the tours and services that we offer, or if you would like to make a booking, then please do not hesitate to contact us. (Please note that if you are coming to the island on a cruise ship then you will need to book your tour through the shore excursions team on board).

We have booked this excursion in March through Carnival. Really looking forward to it and so pleased to read the good reviews here.

• 2 weeks later...

For gtaylor....Hi Gary! Can you tell me, if you know....I'm thinking that when I reserve a shore excursion through the cruiseline (RCI) that they must include a tip for the company used. I actually just emailed them with this question. We will be in Phillipsburg, sailing on Golden Eagle in June. I know you are VERY experienced in all things St. Maarten/St. Martin. Do you know if the cruiselines include a base tip in their fees usually? And what is the customary percentage in tipping on St. Maarten/St. Martin? I'm wondering how I should be dealing with this when we sail with them in June. I absolutely want to be fair and even generous with great service, but I don't want to overpay if I've already been charged.

I would be surprised, no SHOCKED, to find that a cruise line passed on any portion of the fee they charge you as a tip. That said, the rate they pay the excursion operator is negotiated, and the operator may factor in a crew gratuity from their side of the transaction.

We probably work from a 15% tip factor, then more or less depending on how things go.

The crew of Golden Eagle will be standing on the pier with a tip jar as you disembark.

gary

Here's an official reply from RCI regarding tips:

Greetings,

Kindly note, that tips are not included in the tour price. Tipping and amount

is at guest discretion. Extending a gratuity to your guide or driver is

strictly options; however, in some countries these personnel may anticipate that if you are please with their service, you will reward them in a monetary way. A commonly accepted guideline is USD$1.50 per person for a half-day tour and USD$3 per person for a full day tour.

Thank You and Enjoy Your Cruise

Melyda Carrillo

Shore Excursions & Explorations! Department

***Fax: 305.982.2547****

***Email: Shorex@rccl.com****

Archived