Electrical outlets on the Pride

marchanxiety

I know there is one 110 outlet at the dressing table, but are there other 220 outlets around the cabin? I use two white noise machines to cope with snoring from DH, and I like to space them around the room. They are dual voltage with plug adapters, so that is no problem. I haven't been on a triplet since 2005, and my memory is hazy.

Terri

21 days and counting!

Terri,

Right next to the 110 outlet at the dressing table is a 220 outlet but you will need a round, thin pin adapter (Continental Europe) to use it. There also is a 110 or 110 / 220 combination outlet in the bathroom on the wall adjacent to the mirror but I think there is a label that says for shaver only. There may be another 220 just above the counter over the mini-fridge.

I believe the balance of 220 outlets around the suite are being used by the lamps, TV, DVD player, fridge, Bose sound system, etc. I know this is the case on the Pride and Legend but have not sailed on the spirit. I suspect it will be the same on all three triplets. My memory is a little hazy too but I was on the Legend last November. :eek:

You can ask your Stewardess or inquire at the Purser's Office - they may send one of the electricians over to your suite to make certain.

Bon Voyage and enjoy your cruise! :)

Paul, are you saying that you need an adapter for the 110 and the 220?

Answering for Paul(!), no...the 110 outlet is the universal US outlet. He was referring only to the 220 for an adapter...

(the other) Paul :)

LB,

No, any standard North American plug will fit into the 110 outlet; however, if you want to use the 220 outlet you will need the Continental European adapter as I mentioned. I think the shaver outlet in the bathroom has both but can only plug in one cord at a time or it could be two separate outlets - I just can't remember for sure. I always have both when I travel so I can recharge my cell phone or iPod and power my laptop at the the same time (obviously a 110 and a 220 outlet are required).

Hope this clairifies things.

Terri, what kind of white noise machine works for you? We have never thought of using one.

thanks Dan

I have two different types. The ones I usually travel with outside the US are Marsona White Noise machines. I ordered mine from Magellan's. I think they are about $90 each. They are dual voltage and come with plug adapters. I also use a device with many more types of sounds from Brookstone. I'm not sure if it's dual voltage. I think it cost a bit more than the Marsona. The price is definitely worth it to me--nothing is worse than being kept awake by snoring! Terri

Boy do I need one of these white noise machines!! :eek: Never heard of them here.:( Just returned home from a "camping" trip full of thumping and kicking with quite a lot of &*%$# sort of words thrown in!! The dog snores loudly too, but I dont mind his noise......any Aussies ever heard of these white noise thingys?

Easy there, mate!

No white noise machine will blank out the snoring in the cabin! (Not to mention thumping and kicking. You Aussies sure have fun!)

Other than that, the cabins are as quiet as can be!

M

I did some research on white noise machines. Marsona makes several that are available on Amazon. (What isn't?) Magellan has one that is also a travel alarm. All are dual voltage. I personally travel with two. (Occasional VERY loud snoring,plus the worry that one might break, tho' that hasn't happened yet in 4 years.) Together with the use of ear plugs, I can finally sleep at night! I've never been bothered by any other noise on Seabourn.

Terri

18 days and counting!

Archived