Cruise Director QM2

cruzadict

As for calling ladies "love", well that is the way in many parts of the UK, PG and QG as well, I have hear many a QG saying "eh by gum" correct me if im wrong but ( I have proof) they even eat fish n chips lol.

Don't exaggerate now Rob......we all know you're only referring to Yorks Lady :D:D:D:D

Don't exaggerate now Rob......we all know you're only referring to Yorks Lady :D:D:D:D

Well!!!! ill go the foot of our stairs, Jackie saying "eh by gum" or eating fish n chips. lol.

Good job Jackie is a " love" ly Lady , eh by gum

Couldn't bear David Pepper........calling female passengers "Love" is out of place at CWC/Grills Cocktail parties......

I had heard that he had gone to P&O.......Ventura would be a good fit for him!

Good one! While I've never had the pleasure of sailing when David Pepper was onboard, the tales I've heard are enough to make me appreciate having missed him!

Warren Smith is terrific--he is the most accomodating CD that I've ever seen. Some little tidbit from our group in January on QM2, The Champagne Collective as we were called, was featured on his morning show each morning and he even featured some of our members on the show. He is a true delight!:)

We are on \qm2 at present and Ray Rouse is back with us. We had David Pepper over Xmas/New Year and he is the worst CD we have ever experiences in over 30 cruises. P & O are welcome to him!!

Harsh and unfair !

Harsh and unfair !

I fully agree with you gavboy, very harsh indeed, and as for anyone who comments on any one when have only heard and witnessed a cruise director at work should say nothing at all.

I had the pleasure os sailing with David, Ray and Alistaire , the 1st two were amazing, worked very hard and met just about everyone on the ship, and few may disagree, but at least they saw them at work and just hear say, as I said re Alistaire, i didnt really see him at work as we didnt bother with shows, he was very pleasent however at the captains cocktail party, the world club and the senior officers cocktail party, I hope to see him in November as well.

I fully agree with you gavboy, very harsh indeed, and as for anyone who comments on any one when have only heard and witnessed a cruise director at work should say nothing at all.

I had the pleasure os sailing with David, Ray and Alistaire , the 1st two were amazing, worked very hard and met just about everyone on the ship, and few may disagree, but at least they saw them at work and just hear say, as I said re Alistaire, i didnt really see him at work as we didnt bother with shows, he was very pleasent however at the captains cocktail party, the world club and the senior officers cocktail party, I hope to see him in November as well.

Unless I am mistaken, this site is for the opinions of all and as you know, opinions are often formed and shared without actual eyewitness accounts. I choose to believe what I am told by honest and seasoned Cunard travelers and there are many of them who are very critical of Mr. Pepper. I have based my opinon on the word of those honest and seasoned guests and since he has been transferred to P&O, it would appear that Cunard might feel the same way. He should fit quite nicely with P&O or any of the Carnival ships. I wish him well in his new endeavor on P&O.

Unless I am mistaken, this site is for the opinions of all and as you know, opinions are often formed and shared without actual eyewitness accounts. I choose to believe what I am told by honest and seasoned Cunard travelers and there are many of them who are very critical of Mr. Pepper. I have based my opinon on the word of those honest and seasoned guests and since he has been transferred to P&O, it would appear that Cunard might feel the same way. He should fit quite nicely with P&O or any of the Carnival ships. I wish him well in his new endeavor on P&O.

I find with the majority and, if I understand who you quote, am fully qualified to comment on Ray Rouse, Warren Smith, and David Pepper, having sailed with all three.

Whilst the first two are tops in their profession, and very enjoyable to boot, there is nothing that comes even remotely close to what one expects of Cunard staff in Mr. Pepper. I will refrain from bashing someone who is not able to defend himself right here, but suffice it to say that as a woman, I was not keen on the leering looks either.

I find with the majority and, if I understand who you quote, am fully qualified to comment on Ray Rouse, Warren Smith, and David Pepper, having sailed with all three.

Whilst the first two are tops in their profession, and very enjoyable to boot, there is nothing that comes even remotely close to what one expects of Cunard staff in Mr. Pepper. I will refrain from bashing someone who is not able to defend himself right here, but suffice it to say that as a woman, I was not keen on the leering looks either.

Bit late you have already bashed, tried and convicted him !

Well!!!! ill go the foot of our stairs, Jackie saying "eh by gum" or eating fish n chips. lol.

Good job Jackie is a " love" ly Lady , eh by gum

Eh Up Mr YeovilMan! Best Fish n Chips are to be found up ere in YorkieLand.....together wi best cream teas at Betty's! :D

By gum lad...one ant lived until thou's sampled em! :rolleyes:

J :)

Eh Up Mr YeovilMan! Best Fish n Chips are to be found up ere in YorkieLand.....together wi best cream teas at Betty's! :D

By gum lad...one ant lived until thou's sampled em! :rolleyes:

J :)

We sailed past whitby on friday, I though, Jackie,Brian and fish n chip with mushy peas, and bettys, one of the very best teas rooms, OMG im gonna have to come there now

Thanks Rob.

I am looking forward to meeting Sharon, Di, Brenda, and the rest of the merry makers. Yes, it is a short trip. However, because she leaves out of our "somewhat" back yard, we must always take it.

Have a lovely weekend.

Jeanne

You will like Sharron and di very much 2 very nice people

Looks like Cunard took care of the last two...;)

Thankfully...and that is said as a recipient of those "looks" too. I'm delighted to hear I might not encounter him on my next trip. And I might add that I found Allistair Greener to be top notch and very passenger oriented...I'd love to sail with him as CD again.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

July 30, 2009....transatlantic again...some “Affairs” just get better

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

David pepper a very close 2nd

David Pepper is by far and away the WORST CD I've ever had the misfortune to sail with. He made so many mistakes, confusing statements, and errors that, at the end of one cruise, he had to say not to mark his department down on the questionnaire just because of him! At best I would describe hip as slapdash and ill prepared, at worst (which he was most of the time) just plain wrong.

Thankfully...and that is said as a recipient of those "looks" too.

But Penny,

He is no more or less than a weak and impressionable male - how could he reasonably be expected do anything other than gaze in rapture, awe and wonderment at the radiant beauty of the Old South's finest flower!

J

Archived