Miami/Imagination Disembark Question

Regguy

If we can get a 12:30 flight out of MIA on the day we arrive back to POM, it would save us some cash. In fact, it would make such a difference that paying for a suite on Imagination might make sense to assure use of VIP disembark.

So, the questions. First, does anyone know whether cat 12 on Imagination gets priority to disembark even if you're not platinum on Carnival? (I realize this might be a better post for the Carnival board, but rather than split this post into two posts, I thought I'd try here first.) Second, if we are set to dock at 8:00 a.m., assuming that we'll have too much luggage to do self assist, but are staying in a suite, what time do you think we'd be able to get to the airport via cab? (It's a Monday a.m. arrival, so I assume there will be some rush hour traffic at least until 9:00 or so.)

If we can get a 12:30 flight out of MIA on the day we arrive back to POM, it would save us some cash. In fact, it would make such a difference that paying for a suite on Imagination might make sense to assure use of VIP disembark.

So, the questions. First, does anyone know whether cat 12 on Imagination gets priority to disembark even if you're not platinum on Carnival? (I realize this might be a better post for the Carnival board, but rather than split this post into two posts, I thought I'd try here first.) Second, if we are set to dock at 8:00 a.m., assuming that we'll have too much luggage to do self assist, but are staying in a suite, what time do you think we'd be able to get to the airport via cab? (It's a Monday a.m. arrival, so I assume there will be some rush hour traffic at least until 9:00 or so.)

A 12:30PM flight out of MIA will be plenty of time.

Thanks. I probably should have posted that we'll be taking an international flight -- just a short hop to the caribbean, but nonetheless, we'll need to check in at the ticket counter and show a passport, so I figure 11:00 a.m. to be safe. Still think it's no problem? I just noticed the Carnival web site says that if you use the Carnival transport bus your flight needs to be 11:30 or later, so I'm probably worrying over nothing.

Thanks. I probably should have posted that we'll be taking an international flight -- just a short hop to the caribbean, but nonetheless, we'll need to check in at the ticket counter and show a passport, so I figure 11:00 a.m. to be safe. Still think it's no problem? I just noticed the Carnival web site says that if you use the Carnival transport bus your flight needs to be 11:30 or later, so I'm probably worrying over nothing.

Since it is an international flight, you need to be checked in 90 minutes before your flight.

Miami's security is a nightmare and the airport is a zoo.

What day of the week?

I'd have to weigh how much money you are saving on the flight because one stupid thing could hold up disembarkation and you are screwed.

I'd say there is a 99% chance you'll make it to the airport by 11AM but what if the lines are long? If you try and check in at 11:00:01 AM they will deny you boarding.

I didn't know they enforced the 90 minute rule so stringently. Ok, well, that might be an issue.

It's Monday morning. It's not just that the flight is cheaper, it's that if we don't get out at 12:30, we have to wait another day, which adds on lots of other costs, requires an overnight in MIA, means an additional day of missed work, and actually makes the hotel more expensive. (Or we could just cut our week after the cruise one day short, I guess.)

Archived