Upgrade from 6A???

MoKin

Depends on what ship. THe older ships dont have a cat 8.

a category 6 is an oceanview cabin. If you booked a gauarantee you are gauaranteed to have at least an oceanview cabin. (some ships only have 1 deck of oceanview cabins) You do have a chance of getting a free upgrade to a balcony. It happens then it doesnt happen. If you really want a balcony- then I suggest you get one. (IMHO we are not in the cabin very much. We do get a balcony since that is where the man will smoke. but we dont really use it) what is the price difference between the oceanview and the balcony??

150 is a great buy for a balcony- Get one- Want a great view with your balcony- take an aft balcony- these are located on the back., Keep it cheap = stay on the upper deck in the middle cabins. (these cost the same price of a regualr 8a so why not get a bigger balcony.

If you want a bigger balcony then whats on the aft-- try for 6442-6450 or 6473 or 6481 again- same price as an 8A

you can see these on deck plans. http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=CQ&deckCode=6

since you are sailing so far away--- ask your agent to see if those cabins are deposited yet. Sounds like someone is holding onto them. Who did you book with?

I went to a site and there are a few cabins available that I mentioned.

Both cabin 6450 and 6481 are available as is every one across the aft on deck 6.

I would call again. And ask if any of those particualr cabin has a deposit on it. If not tell your agent you are very much interested in one. I see those available on almost every online agency. If you agent says no- ask to speak to someone else. Youmay have someone who doesnt know what they are talking about.

Archived