Birthday Decorations from Bon Voyage

I am trying to order decorations on the Carnival website and it is only giving me the option of embarkation for the decorations to be delivered. I thought you were able to choose which day you wanted. My boyfriends birthday is the day after and I would rather have them on that day. Is it possible to have it changed?

My birthday was the Monday of our cruise (we left on a Sunday) and the decorations were there when we boarded. I liked it personally. It made my birthday last all week! I can't help with the answer, since the DH ordered them. Have a great cruise!

We've done the room decorations thing before too! And we've found they are a double edged sword. First...they are cool, and fun...and you like them...but then you want to keep them, and not trash them...not fold them up and cram them in a drawer or something ya know. (Cause they are kind of big-ish). Anyways....(many of them are magnetic and stick to the metal ceiling of the room)...so you end up just sliding them over into a corner of your cabin. But THEN you end up ducking around them...and basically...have them getting in your way all week! We were in a suite...and I was sick of them at the end of the week!

We've ordered these and I am like the other poster - they got in the way by the second day. They are kind of like what you would purchase at a Big Lots. They're fun BUT...

On our last cruise, I opted for the round birthday cake instead...it was GREAT and really pretty!! Less expensive, still a surprise. We loved it! It comes with set up, plates and forks, etc.

You might think about bagging the hanging decorations and having a birthday cake and champagne delivered instead?

I will be getting the birthday cake as well, but I still would like to get the decorations. This will be his second cruise so I don't even think he is aware that they do this. I know it is something he would like and be very surprised. I am just not sure if I'm able to have the decorations delivered on his birthday. The website is only giving me the option of embarkation.

It may have changed, but I had our cabin decorated for dh's b-day last year and they did it the night before, which was a few days into the sailing. The date was an option when I ordered. Have you tried calling Carnival direct?

people decorate themselves...............

go to Ace Moore or Michaels or a party supply store and pick up whatever you like...........get some tacky sticky stuff...............and decorate away

its easy, more personal and a lot cheaper.............

Have fun

Jodi

***Past Cruises***

RCI Nordic Empress 1/91

Pre Big Red Boat 9/95

Celebrity Galaxy Eastern 1/98

RCI Radiance Alaska 7/06

Carnival Victory Canada 8/06

NCL Pride of Hawaii 7/07

Carnival Liberty Western 12/07

Carnival Trumph Western 8/08

Ruby Princess Western 4/09

***Future Cruising***

Carnival Freedom 3/10

My brother got them for me on our Spirit Cruise last year. Attendant (not Steward)came to the door early in the morning (8ish) on the day before to put them up. Hate to say it but 8A on the first Sea Day is not the best time to bother me. Anywho, they got them up that day and they seemed cool. EXCEPT in the middle of the night. Getting up was like walking into a spider web!!!! We repositioned most, took down a few, (kept a few for souvenirs) but still enjoyed them.

My suggestion, do it thru Carnival and state WHEN you want them put up. Then when you get on board, go to the "store" (forget what it is called, usually near the Duty Free Liquor store,) that deals with them and give them a specific time when you will have the SO out of the Room. Verify with your Steward. Then when the surprise is done, take a lot of pictures and move the ones that will invariably be in the way.

Archived