if you were to mix a drink in your cabin.....

rowlady

Haven't sailed with NCL in about 5 years. I looked on their web site and did see the wine list but nothing about bar set ups. Do I have to call and ask about that or did I miss something on the web site. Also does anyone know if NCL offers buckets of beer' date=' say 5 for the price of 4, like other cruise lines do?[/quote']

You will have to contact the group coordinator of the ship by email,

I dont have that email handy, just search "Bar Setup" and you should be able to find that email pretty easy. Prices are pretty steep though our rum was 63.00 plus a service fee. Do not call they will tell you they do not do bar setups.

Yes NCL offers buckets of beer in a helmet I think its 6 for the price of 5 if my memory serve me correct

Haven't sailed with NCL in about 5 years. I looked on their web site and did see the wine list but nothing about bar set ups. Do I have to call and ask about that or did I miss something on the web site. Also does anyone know if NCL offers buckets of beer' date=' say 5 for the price of 4, like other cruise lines do?[/quote']

Yes, the above poster's correct. There are beer helmet's, 6 for the price of 5.

For a bar setup, which is an unadvertised perk, email groupeventSun@ncl.com.. Whatever ship you're sailing in place of Sun. Put the date of your sailing and "bar setup" in the subject line. They respond in order of sail date, so be patient.

They prefer bar setups to be ordered at least 2 weeks in advance.

Here's a menu. Sometimes they don't email those out, and you have to guess at what they have. I'm pretty sure the pricing is up to date.

BOURBON/WHISKEY:

Seagram’s 7 Crown $63.00

Jack Daniel’s Black $83.00

Crown Royal Special Reserve $103.00

LIQUEURS

Brogan Irish Cream $ 63.00

Southern Comfort $63.00

Di Saronno Amaretto $83.00

Godiva Chocolate $83.00

Grand Mariner $83.00

Kahlua $83.00

Pama $83.00

RUM

Bacardi Superior $63.00

Captain Morgan $63.00

SCOTCH WHISKEY

Cutty Sark $63.00

Glenfiddich $83.00

Chivas Regal $83.00

TEQUILA

Cuervo Gold $63.00

1800 Reposado $83.00

Sauza Tres Generations $103.00

VODKA

Smirnoff 80 $63.00

Absolut $83.00

Absolut Citron $83.00

Absolut Kurant $83.00

Absolut Peper $83.00

Absolut Mandarin $83.00

Absolut Apeach $83.00

Absolut Ruby Red $83.00

Grey Goose $103.00

Grey Goose L’Orange $103.00

Grey Goose La Vanille $103.00

Grey Goose La Poire $103.00

COGNAC

Courvoisier VS $ 63.00

Remy Martin V.S.O.P. $83.00

GIN

Bombay Sapphire $83.00

Beefeater $63.00

This thread started me looking for powdered mix drinks. We have a bar set up in Aug and found some margarita and daiquiri powder mixes from baja bobs.

Which led me to find powdered alcohol.... a whole other subject.

Baja Bobs is good stuff! And sugar free - so it's really a health drink. ;)

using a bar setup ordered ahead of time -no smuggling here :) what would be the best type of alcohol to choose in order to mix with whatever might be free at the buffet or in the restaurants? I have read that iced tea is easily available all day but don't know what type of alcohol would mix well with that - or what alcohol would mix best with the free juices they offer. We are leaving from Southampton and am not sure we can stop to purchase soda before we get to the port. The cost of the bottle is high enough so I really don't also want to pay for the mixers! We will be on the Jade and would love any suggestions..............

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie - Vodka is probably the most versatile liquor for making drinks and would be a good choice. However, it sounds like you're not a big drinker if you don't know what you like. No disrespect intended, this is just a question, but your post almost sounds like "I don't drink but I'd like to start - can you suggest how?"

Maybe you'd have a better time by just buying drinks at a bar where someone who knows the proper proportions and has the right mixers can give you a good idea of what a cocktail should taste like, instead of you dragging juice, fruit and tea from the buffet and experimenting with a very expensive bottle of vodka by trial and error? Just a thought......

using a bar setup ordered ahead of time -no smuggling here :) what would be the best type of alcohol to choose in order to mix with whatever might be free at the buffet or in the restaurants? I have read that iced tea is easily available all day but don't know what type of alcohol would mix well with that - or what alcohol would mix best with the free juices they offer. We are leaving from Southampton and am not sure we can stop to purchase soda before we get to the port. The cost of the bottle is high enough so I really don't also want to pay for the mixers! We will be on the Jade and would love any suggestions..............

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie - Vodka is probably the most versatile liquor for making drinks and would be a good choice. However, it sounds like you're not a big drinker if you don't know what you like. No disrespect intended, this is just a question, but your post almost sounds like "I don't drink but I'd like to start - can you suggest how?"

Maybe you'd have a better time by just buying drinks at a bar where someone who knows the proper proportions and has the right mixers can give you a good idea of what a cocktail should taste like, instead of you dragging juice, fruit and tea from the buffet and experimenting with a very expensive bottle of vodka by trial and error? Just a thought......

perhaps the OP is trying to re-live her college career? hmmmm...some college dorm recipes of mine:

gatorade and (insert alcohol)

Hi-C and (insert alcohol)

(insert alcohol) and (insert alcohol)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We are cruising with Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda. Can we bring our own soda or other non-alcoholic drinks on the cruise? Also how is the drinking water available on these cruises, is it necessary to bring bottle water?

We are cruising with Norwegian Dawn to Bermuda. Can we bring our own soda or other non-alcoholic drinks on the cruise? Also how is the drinking water available on these cruises, is it necessary to bring bottle water?

You can bring non-alcoholic drinks aboard. Many people put a luggage tag on their cases or 12-packs and it is delivered to you cabin without a problem. The water on the ships is excellent, probably superior to most bottled waters, so don't waste your money or effort with that.

What date do you sail??? Nevermind - I just found your post (Your first!!) on our roll call! See you in 4 days!!!!!!!

Hey mooder,

thanks for the info. We are also travelling along with you this Sunday.....very very excited and a bit nervous as this is our first cruise. I do feel motionsickness in car and airplane some times, so a bit worried about being on cruise for so many days. But hopefully motionsickness medication will do its wonders and i would be able to enjoy :)

thanks for the info. We are also travelling along with you this Sunday.....very very excited and a bit nervous as this is our first cruise. I do feel motionsickness in car and airplane some times, so a bit worried about being on cruise for so many days. But hopefully motionsickness medication will do its wonders and i would be able to enjoy :)

I'm sure you have found what works for you, but I'll tell you what we do. We take a Bonine every morning of our cruise as a preventative. It lasts 24 hours so once we take it we don't have to worry. My sister is very prone to motion-sickness- she can't sit in the back seat of a car for instance, but she has no problems cruising. If you enjoy it half as much as we do, you'll be back for more!

I'm sure you have found what works for you, but I'll tell you what we do. We take a Bonine every morning of our cruise as a preventative. It lasts 24 hours so once we take it we don't have to worry. My sister is very prone to motion-sickness- she can't sit in the back seat of a car for instance, but she has no problems cruising. If you enjoy it half as much as we do, you'll be back for more!

I am not sure yet which motionsickness medication should i be taking, as I am pregnant. But tomorrow my Dr's is gonna prescribe me something.

I saw pics of your old cruises and really motivated by it and hope to take more cruises (next time with kids :)). Would really like to meet you and other cruisers at M&G.......

I am not sure yet which motionsickness medication should i be taking, as I am pregnant. But tomorrow my Dr's is gonna prescribe me something.

I saw pics of your old cruises and really motivated by it and hope to take more cruises (next time with kids :)). Would really like to meet you and other cruisers at M&G.......

It'll be here before you know it. Yes, I went back and reminded myself of your first post saying you were pregnant. Congratulations!

if you think you can handle us crazees!!! :eek:

LOL! Don't tell her what we're really like, Zone, you might scare her off cruising. :D:rolleyes:

what do i care...i'm not sailing this saturday.

neener neener neener! (is that how you spell that?)

*goes back to cloning self*

what do i care...i'm not sailing this saturday.

neener neener neener! (is that how you spell that?)

*goes back to cloning self*

Shouldn't I be the one saying neener neener neener! :confused::p

Redlef - Actually - I do drink occasionally - probably not nightly but definitely weekly and on vacation since I have more "down" time I tend to drink more. This will be my first time ordering a bar setup as I usually order the drinks by the pool or in the lounges as the desire strikes. I am not committed to any one type of drink which is the reason for my request for suggestions. If the drink of the day sounds like something I would like I will order it - if I feel a martini sounds good I will order it - I am not attached to anything in particular. Since this will be a 14 day cruise (and I have seen my bill after just a 7 day trip - yikes) I want to curb my costs at least a little - thus the alcohol preorder. I appreciate your take on the matter but assure you I can and will drink with the best of em - lessons not needed...............

Debbie

Redlef - Actually - I do drink occasionally - probably not nightly but definitely weekly and on vacation since I have more "down" time I tend to drink more. This will be my first time ordering a bar setup as I usually order the drinks by the pool or in the lounges as the desire strikes. I am not committed to any one type of drink which is the reason for my request for suggestions. If the drink of the day sounds like something I would like I will order it - if I feel a martini sounds good I will order it - I am not attached to anything in particular. Since this will be a 14 day cruise (and I have seen my bill after just a 7 day trip - yikes) I want to curb my costs at least a little - thus the alcohol preorder. I appreciate your take on the matter but assure you I can and will drink with the best of em - lessons not needed...............

Debbie

Three cheers, Debbie! I have the same style of drinking. Mojitos, Margaritas, Pina Coladas, MARTINIS...did I mention flavored martinis - it's all about what sounds good and what is available for what mixers. Enjoy your bar set up! I went with rum and champagne and am bringing juice.

perhaps the OP is trying to re-live her college career? hmmmm...some college dorm recipes of mine:

Although I have fond memories of my college days (many moons ago, sadly) I have moved up a bit in the world since then and can bypass the Mad Dog 20/20 and Boones Farm..........and the few brain cells I didn't kill back then thank me! Aahh - the memories.

Debbie

Thanks for the e-mail address and the information on the bar set up. We are on the Majesty in September (Canada & New England). I'm a vodka drinker, prefer martini's but will mix it with lemonade or ice tea so I guess I'll be ordering a bottle of Absolut. DH is a beer drinker so he orders the beer specials. If there is a refrigerator in the room he can keep the extras cold, if not there is always the ice bucket.

The Official USS Henry L Stimson Blue crew party drink circa 1985/86:

'Electric Mellow Yellow'

Fill a cooler half full with ice, add 2 2 lb packages of Wyler's Lemonade Mix, top off cooler with whatever clear liquor (rum, vodka, everclear) is available. Stir. Drink.

Serving notes: If Tony P is at the party, place cover on cooler and serve through the drain spigot so he doesn't go 'bobbing for booze'. Again.

:D:D:D:D:D

OR... you can purchase a glass of vermouth at the bar, and keep it in your fridge in a container you've brought from home. Save you the trouble of "perhaps" getting sent to the naughty room. It's still considered "liquor." :)

Vermouth is a type of wine (it's just aromatized), so I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed.

Archived