Is there anybody there?

LibraLass41

Stropgo has not been on for ages has she?

I think you have frightened her off Sue!

:D

Sue, as soon as my feet touch the floor and I get time to tell all, I will. It has been manic this past week and a very busy weekend. I will write a review next week, I promise!

Gerry

I'm hoping to do a review in the next week or so, it's just been manic since I got back home, about 10 loads of washing, putting everything away, kids back to school, etc..

Haven't had a chance to start unloading the photos from the cameras, think the wife took over 1000 photos during the two weeks (got a great shot of Jewel of the Seas as it was leaving Tallinn).

Problem with living in Southampton is that when we do come off a cruise, when we see or hear the ships in dock, just wanna get back on!! Of course, in 4 weeks time, that's what the wife will be doing with her mother when they go off to the Fjords on Oceana!!!

Scrozuk

• 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping to do a review in the next week or so, it's just been manic since I got back home, about 10 loads of washing, putting everything away, kids back to school, etc..

Scrozuk

Have you done a review yet Scrozuk? I would be interested to read all about it!

Yup indeedy, spent the last hour putting it in.

Hope it helps. Tried to be constructive as much as I can.

Although there were niggles with this ship, it's by no means a bad ship, I don't think there are any really bad ships, otherwise they wouldn't be sailing now.

Scrozuk

.............And I'll be on Solstice 's sister, the brand new ship EQUINOX next month and will be taking lots of photos, as this ship will be the same as ECLIPSE which sails from Southampton next year,,,,,:D

.............And I'll be on Solstice 's sister, the brand new ship EQUINOX next month and will be taking lots of photos, as this ship will be the same as ECLIPSE which sails from Southampton next year,,,,,:D

There are apparently some subtle differences between Solstice & Equinox - this article outlines some of them. So Eclipse may have still further (but doubtless slight) changes.

Also Celebrity has just (in the last day or so) announced the introduction of a 'freestyle' dining choice, from September. Eclipse will be the first ship to be finished following this announcement - I wonder if they'll alter the MDR on her to accommodate the different options more distinctly?

I think it's good that Celebrity are placing subtle differences between their ships.

Having say three ships in a class built exactly the same with exactly the same interiors, features etc, for me can take away your uniqueness of a cruise.

For example, if I went on Independence of the Seas, I'd then like a different experience on Liberty.

The shape of the ship will be pretty much generic anyway, so wouldn't be too fazed about that.

Scrozuk

p.s. My review is finally up..

Thanks, have read it and some useful info.

Thanks, I've tried to give the cruise a balanced review, where they do well, and where they don't do so well. Some of the criticisms and praise I've had for the cruise have been sent to P&O as well. Whether or not they act on any of the suggestions remain to be seen.

I'll be interested to hear your review on the Queen Victoria, because there's a tempting cruise I've seen on her in the New Year, going westbound transatlantic. Photos I've seen of her that another forum poster put on a website make it look fantastic. Can see that my next cruise to book will be on Cunard.

Scrozuk

Archived