Port Review, Moby Dick Tours great!

Brianinidaho

This is part of a review I posted regarding the Carnival Miracle on the ship review part of this site. Hope this information is helpful.

Tuesday was the first stop (Grand Cayman) and the cleanest, safest port of the week. We tendered in and immediately noticed the hurricane desolation. On the dock we meet a short, bald, British chap that ran Moby Dick tours www.mobydicktours.com (There were several tour operators soliciting customers at the dock). We signed up for his tour to Sting Ray City for $35 per person. Be sure when using a credit card here they write U.S. by the amount, other wise, you might get billed in Grand Cayman dollars which is about 25% more than US dollars. We had a very nice tour with Moby Dick. They took us by small bus to a private dock, on a 30-40 person boat (there was 18 of us) out to where the sting rays are, (there are already a lot of posts about this activity), then out snorkeling at the reef for a half hour. The snorkling was actually surprisingly a trip highlight! They offered punch and water and took us back via a stop at the north end of 7 Mile beach if you wanted to stay and find your own $3 ride back to the docks later.

Having been out of touch with my business for a few days I found an internet cafe on the north side of the pier run by Cable and Wireless. Their internet was down due to the recent storms but I was able to call to the US for $6 for 3 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
I loved Moby Dick and Mark (the bald, British guy you're referring to.:) )! We were in Cayman last Wednesday, and these guys were great!

Highly reccomneded. My 9 year old liked the snorkeling that is included more than the sting ray part. By luck we found these guys at the pier.

Archived