Beach advice please

manhar

Just found out that the port load at Cozumel on 26th June =11,875 people (3 ships) and at Cayman on 25th June = 8500 people (2 ships)!

Which beaches in these 2 ports are the least likely to be insanely over-crowded on these days. ie. Whch is the best bet?

That's not very many people, you have to consider this is spread over the whole island on different beaches, excursions, shopping etc and not everyone gets off. You don't usually see a lot of crowding until you get lots of ships in port not just 2 or 3.

Sea Grape Beach, Grand Cayman Full service beach, food, drinks, showers, chairs, jetski, parasail, childrens playground, etc.

Playa Palancar Cozumel, is an excellent beach choice if you want that great Caribbean island flavor! This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffet would hang out if he were in Cozumel! It's far enough away from all the other island activities that it has a charm all its own and isn't TRYING to be so commercial. You get the feeling that operating this beach is a way of life for the staff...not just a job. Everything is easy and laid back as it should be ~ including the service, so if you're in a hurry ~ don't go there!

Playa Palancar sits very near a marshy mangrove area which is a magnet for natural wildlife. At the entrance of the beach area there is a large fenced lagoon area where resident crocodiles can be seen basking in the sun as well as flamingos and other birds from time to time. This is a huge sand dune beach with plenty of lounge chairs, coconut tree shade, umbrellas and multiple "hammock palapas" where one can just "hang" and relax in addition to volleyball!

The world famous Palancar reef sits right in front of this beach but of course is a bit far out to swim, snorkel or scuba from shore. The beach's shallow sandy bottom area extends outward a good 70 meters before beginning to get deeper so you can swim and snorkel this area easily.

You can go over to the Cozumel port of call board and find info on Nachi Cocum. This is an all inclusive beach club in Cozumel. For $49 pp you will get everything you need for a great beach day (including all alcohol, soft drinks and TONS of food). They have a daily limit of 100 guests so you will definately not be crowded. I have been there four times and have never seen more than 20 or 30 people there. It is FABULOUS!!

Just found out that the port load at Cozumel on 26th June =11,875 people (3 ships) and at Cayman on 25th June = 8500 people (2 ships)!

Which beaches in these 2 ports are the least likely to be insanely over-crowded on these days. ie. Whch is the best bet?

How did you get the Cozumel port load for that date? I'm in Cozumel on the 30th of June and wanted to know who else was going to be there. The only thing I could find was the current week but not ahead.

Thanks for the link, saw for my cruise there will be three ships in for most of ports of call, does this make for a crowded port

That is pretty typical, in my limited experience. Some ports can have 6 or more in a day....

Have to agree...2-3 ships...isn't too bad! 5 or 6 ships...that's a little busy...and they do get that way!

I have to second the Nachi Cocum thing...we did that last year...and loved it! We may do that again this year. I think we had to book it on our own though...through some private company. Like any of the beaches there...you just hope in a cab and tell them which one you want to go to! Its easy!

We went to the Wyndham resort for the day last year in Coz. It was nice. Pretty long cab ride though--maybe 20 minutes. The pool and beach were very beautiful. Food was the downside, but, I doubt that it would be crowded at all. DH and I went snorkeling, and later we went scuba diving.

We went to the Wyndham resort for the day last year in Coz. It was nice. Pretty long cab ride though--maybe 20 minutes. The pool and beach were very beautiful. Food was the downside, but, I doubt that it would be crowded at all. DH and I went snorkeling, and later we went scuba diving.

Sandy . . . other than the cab ride was the Wyndham OK. Son and I are going for a beach break. Food doesn't really matter. I understand it is open bar. Is that correct?

TIA

We went to Sea Grape at Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman twice. Both times there were SO many people that they would not rent umbrellas so they could cram more people in like sardines! Have been to Nachi once. Loved it so much that we have booked in for our upcoming Freedom cruise in August!

Another vote for Palancar Beach. We've been to many beaches over the years when visiting Cozumel and we were thrilled with Palancar - it had tons on Conch shells, peacocks roaming around, a nice beach bar, & lots of palapas..can't ask for more. Definitely has a real laid back feel to it. In the future, when in Cozumel we'll definitely return to Palancar beach.

Archived