recommended excursions southern caribbean

suebubbles

however at most ports the taxis will take you around the island for $10 us dollars... or to a beach however make sure they come and collect you !!! dont pay them just to take you to a beach as you never see them again pay when you return to the ship ;)

There are so many different islands. It would help if you say which islands you will be visiting. You may then get more replies.:)

Sorry :rolleyes: islands we are visiting are: BARBADOS CURACAO ARUBA CATALINA ISLAND TORTOLA ST MAARTEN ST KITTS ST LUCIA

Sorry :rolleyes: islands we are visiting are: BARBADOS CURACAO ARUBA CATALINA ISLAND TORTOLA ST MAARTEN ST KITTS ST LUCIA

In St Lucia we did a brilliant ATV (quad biking) excursion that was for about 3.5 hours and was all off-road on private land. It included a refreshemnt/beach stop on the Atlantic coast of the island. The place was deserted apart from us and the beach and water were lovely. The only issue was you couldn't swim as such as there were so many breakers. It was £69 per person but was well worth the money for a bit of thrill. I've never been so scared and exhilarated in my life! :eek: When we were there you couldn't have done this independently as it was fully booked by the ship. I would recommend going in the morning if you can.

In St Maarten I wouldn't really recommend the quad biking as it was on real roads and looked a bit scary. We preferred the off-road in St Lucia. Here we did the 'Under Two Flags' tour which is exclusively a coach trip taking in the Dutch and French sides. At £20 it was a bargain but popular, so I would advise booking it as soon as you can online if you want to go on it. I don't usually like coach tours but this one was good. Some people we met took a taxi to Maho Beach to watch the jet planes take off and land. If you take a look here you can see tons of video clips http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=maho+beach+st+maarten&aq=f

I hope this helps.

Eddie

Depends how "sad" you are, but after checking out the excellent shops on this island during the morning, we took a taxi up the airport/beach, and watched the Boeings coming in to land whist stood yards from their underbelly!! An odd trip, but it was a fun and very different afternoon at the beach! The Air France Boeings land around 2.45ish if my memory serves me correctly, hopefully "South Coast B" will clarify this"

Be careful on the beach, there is a steep shelf and its gets very difficult to get back to shore!!:rolleyes: Check out you tube for video clips of planes coming in at St Maarten.

As for Barbadoes, loved swimming with the turtles, the crew on board "Cool Runnings" catamaran were excellent entertainment for our last day in the caribbean!

Jenni

Archived