Kauai - Tubing the Ditch Shore Excursion

PCruzer

Has anyone ever done this shore excursion in Kauai - Tubing the Ditch? How was it? We have done cave tubing in Belize. Any comparisons? Could someone give me a description of what the Tubing the Ditch excursion is like? Thanks!

Has anyone ever done this shore excursion in Kauai - Tubing the Ditch? How was it? We have done cave tubing in Belize. Any comparisons? Could someone give me a description of what the Tubing the Ditch excursion is like? Thanks!

I would also love to hear any info. Have already booked it for next April since it sounds like it would be fun!

We did the ziplining tour and it's with the same company and in the same area. If it rains the day before, the water will be muddy. We were supposed to swim in the water after the tour and we didn't because it was pretty gross, so just expect that that may occur. The people we talked to said they had a great time anyway though!

DW,DD,and I did tubing the ditch and had a blast. DW just floated while DD tourguide and myself splashed alot. taking a water gun could add to the fun.

we also did the mudbug tour and thought it was fantastic, take a bandana to cover your face, you will get filthy.

Randy

We did this tour through NCL in April. It is a quiet, relaxing ride down a former irrigation ditch, through several caves. They provide headlamps and gloves. The water was muddy and the tubes bottlenecked at certain spots, so it seemed crowded for a little while. The caves are dark, which is not a problem because they allow you to use the headlamps in all but the last cave. Our guide told us not to put the lights on in the last cave because that cave has bats, but I don't think that is true. There is a lot of bumping into each other which is expected because you cannot control where the tube goes. The guides are very nice and personable. Two or three of them took the ride with us. It was a nice ride, but I would not do it again. Before tubing, they stop at some scenic spots to take pictures along the way, which was nice. There are snacks (packages of chips or cookies) and a drink at the end of the ride.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm not sure if we will do this excursion or not. It doesn't quite sound as great as the cave tubing we did in Belize. That was a real adventure! I'm thinking that maybe we will choose something else to do on Kauai. Thanks again!

Archived