Has anyone been to Jost Van Dyke?

travelgirl101

I've only been to Sydney's Peace and Love - a bar on the beach where you can mix your own drinks. 10 years ago it was the only attraction on the island. Sydney was slouched in the corner, nearly unconscious, the entire time we were there unless we happened to use to much fruit juice in our drinks. Then he sprung into action and told us to scale back on the juice consumption and use more rum! It's a very small island and we just moored overnight and went on our way (with major hangovers) the next day.

There are a few more things on the island now besides Peace and Love, including the famous Soggy Dollar Bar and Foxy’s, but Jost is still a very quiet and romantic place. White Bay is probably one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen! Calm, clear water, soft white sand, awesome scenery, and never very crowded. Its spectacular, IMHO. We’re going down to St. John, USVI, for a land vacation in January, and plan to take the ferry over for the day. Here is a link to a site with the Tortola ferry schedules (hope it works):

http://www.bviwelcome.com/ferries.html

There are probably some private day sails you could charter to take you over as well. I’m not sure about the logistics of getting over to Jost from Tortola, but I highly recommend it if you can work it out.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are interested in Quiet & Romantic, Jost Van Dyke is your place. I've been 3 times. Twice for day trips to other Islands & once for a week long stay at Sand Castle, right in White Bay. It is one of the most beautiful beaches, fun during the day (afternoon sailers visit) and quiet at night. The food is fabulous, the drinks are good, the staff is friendly. Nothing better. Foxy's is in Great Harbor, fun at night with dancing and their world famous BBQ on Saturday night. Hope that helps!

Archived