Freedom Inside Cabin-Riviera Deck

jellybeanOH

I've booked an inside cabin on the Riviera Deck(#1334) which looks like the bottom cabin deck of the ship. Is anyone able to tell me what to expect? Is it extremely loud? It is a mid-ship cabin so I don't really expect to feel the rock/roll of the ship as much as being on either of the ends. At least that's what I've been told.

After reading the latest Freedom review I want to change my room and get a balcony, is it really bad being on either end of the ship as opposed to mid-ship? If I can't change it this cruise, I'm definitely lining one up for the next cruise.:cool:

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Riviera deck is fine. In fact, it is my preferred deck so far. Next cruise will be my first balcony cabin, so obviously I'll be on a higher deck...can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! ;)

Anyway, back to Riviera.......we've had cabins on Riviera twice and once we were one deck up on Main. The only noise we heard from our inside cabin on Riviera on the Pride was the infant next door who gave us a wake-up call each morning at 7 am. No ship noise at all.

Mid-ship cabins are great. I haven't been in a cabin that is forward or aft, but all I know is that I can always feel a lot of motion in the showroom or the dining room, which are forward and aft. I would think it would be the same in a cabin.

Inside cabins aren't that bad. We much prefer Oceanview, but had a great time on Pride and the inside cabin didn't bother us (it was our first cruise).

If you turn the TV on to the ships channel that shows the outside deck, you can "see" what the weather is like outside. Some folks like to leave the TV turned on to that channel overnight, with the sound down, and as the sun comes up....it lightens up the TV and the cabin gradually.

Have fun! :)

We were in cabin 1317 onboard the Glory, a sister ship to Freedom, and loved it. It was quiet and very little motion was detected. Some real big advantages are: Easy access to the Aft dining room, just go to the rear-most elevator lobby go up 2 decks and you are at the dining room lobby. Easy access to get off the ship at the different ports, basically it is one flight of stairs down to Deck 0 where you will get off at ports where the ship docks.

Thank you for the good information. I plan on doing the sunrise via television:D FOR REAL! That sounds fine to me. It's my first cruise, and of course, it was affordable to take the inside cabin. I'm sure that I will be fine, and enjoy myself just the same.

My girlfriend told me about a mid-ship cabin, I'm glad that she did, I can imagine feeling all of the motion, hmmm. I don't know. I'm trying to calm my stomach as I think about it now. Poor self!

One of these days in the near future, I'll be able to afford a balcony.

Thank you again.:)

Riviera deck is fine. In fact, it is my preferred deck so far. Next cruise will be my first balcony cabin, so obviously I'll be on a higher deck...can't wait to see what all the fuss is about! ;)

Anyway, back to Riviera.......we've had cabins on Riviera twice and once we were one deck up on Main. The only noise we heard from our inside cabin on Riviera on the Pride was the infant next door who gave us a wake-up call each morning at 7 am. No ship noise at all.

Mid-ship cabins are great. I haven't been in a cabin that is forward or aft, but all I know is that I can always feel a lot of motion in the showroom or the dining room, which are forward and aft. I would think it would be the same in a cabin.

Inside cabins aren't that bad. We much prefer Oceanview, but had a great time on Pride and the inside cabin didn't bother us (it was our first cruise).

If you turn the TV on to the ships channel that shows the outside deck, you can "see" what the weather is like outside. Some folks like to leave the TV turned on to that channel overnight, with the sound down, and as the sun comes up....it lightens up the TV and the cabin gradually.

Have fun! :)

Archived