Spa Treatment to get over Jet Lag...

I recently saw the Samantha Brown show in which is goes to Europe on the Radiance of the Seas. She does a Spa Treatment that consists of her going into this big contraption and staying there for about 20 minutes, which is equivilant to her sleeping for 8 hours. It is supposed to help with Jet Lag. Does anyone know the name of this treatment and/or what it consists of?

I recently saw the Samantha Brown show in which is goes to Europe on the Radiance of the Seas. She does a Spa Treatment that consists of her going into this big contraption and staying there for about 20 minutes, which is equivilant to her sleeping for 8 hours. It is supposed to help with Jet Lag. Does anyone know the name of this treatment and/or what it consists of?

that sounds good to me!!

Hello. It's a funny thing I know about this. They had it on the Disney Magic Cruise I took in 1998. They called it the capsule. It was supposed to take years off your life ultra relaxation, etc.... please please save your money. first of all, it's similar to getting into a tanning bed. they will lead you to a hopefully private room. Mine wasn't so private there was a 2nd door in the room with a window that lead to the work out room. I could actually see people on the treadmill..anyway..I'm digressing. You get into this long machine. I think there were options of different aromatherapies..or you tell the clinician what you want help on. stress, etc.... so you get in the think. they suggest nude for more comfort but I'm sure you could do bra and panties. you get in. they close the capsule..and this was the worst in my case...instead of playing typical spa like music....for me, they played Michael Bolton. Yikes. he may be soft rock but his voice/music is not what I would call relaxing. and...it was on a cassette tap that ended up stopping early. I really can't see the benefit of the capsule. Keep in mind I did it in 1998 maybe there have been advancements but in my opinion this is just a gimmick :-)

I think I''ll tell DH just the parts of this that work for me........... A spa treatment helps with Jet Lag. I'll skip the part about which one and get a nice massage & facial. ;) He won't know the difference I can't can't think of a nicer way to start a vacation! :p

I think I''ll tell DH just the parts of this that work for me........... A spa treatment helps with Jet Lag. I'll skip the part about which one and get a nice massage & facial. ;) He won't know the difference I can't can't think of a nicer way to start a vacation! :p

Just tell him that you want a massage.

See if he volunteers.

If not..............spend his money and go and pay for one;):p

Just tell him that you want a massage.

See if he volunteers.

If not..............spend his money and go and pay for one;):p

Think I might do that myself :p

I thought this would help because we are going on a European cruise in October and we arrive in the day of the departure. Its an 11 hour flight (with the layover) with a 6 hour time difference. Plus I am going to work early that morning for a half day so I am going to be all screwed up. I thought that Jet Lag thing would help. Oh well!

Archived