Carnival Freedom Review 6/6/09 sailing...

kbaby0313

Anyone reading this review anymore??? lol

I am! I am very sad to see it is almost at an end.:( So, you got to ride both ways on the train? I've heard/read that the trip is one way, then you board a bus back to the ship. Do you know if you go both ways on the train all the time? We were debating the 8 hour tour with CCL, since my DH wants to be ON the canal, not next to it.:D We are planning on taking the sloth sanctuary tour in Costa Rica. I love white water rafting, but I can't see sloths everywhere, as opposed to rafting in many areas around our good ol' USA. I know it's not quite the same, but I really want to see sloths!

Keep up the good work, can't wait to read the ending, even tho I'm sad to see it drawing to a close.:(

Thank you kbaby0313 for your thorough review. We're going on the Freedom in August, and while it's not the same itenerary as your cruise, I'm enjoying the review. It's our first cruise on the Freedom and I'm thirsty for any information I can get! :)

We loved the Freedom! We had a suite and it was the best part of the trip. I don't think we will ever go back to a regular cabin. The whole ship was really nice. We loved the movies under the stars. The food was great and we thought the service was great too.

The Panama train tour was very nice. We took a lot of photos and video since I don;t think we will do this itinerary again.

Our greatest disappointment was not seeing Costa Rica. This was to be the highlight of our trip. We booked the Bus, Boat and Train excursion through Carnival. Unfortunately, do to the President of Costa Rica visiting (which was known to everyone but the tour operator apparently) and a demonstration on the main highway in Limon, 2 buses got delayed and ours was one of them. When the demonstration was done we were allowed to pass and found ourselves on the way back to the dock. I thought maybe we would get an abbreviated tour but we were take back to the dock at 10:15AM. We were told we would get our $$ for the tour refunded and that they were calling all tours back due to safety issues. We found out later that our 2 buses and one other tour did not go out. I also found out that others who booked our tour got to go on an abbreviated tour :o(. I guess Carnival wasn't as worried about their safety.

Our tour in Belize was great. Altun Ha and the River Wallace. We had a nice time. No time for shopping though. Not that this port offers much.

Moeesha

Carnival Freedom 6/09

Carnival Inspiration 12/08

Carnival Triumph 12/07

Carnival Miracle 6/07

Carnival Miracle 9/06

NCL Dawn 6/04

Disney Magic 8/2001

We loved the Freedom! We had a suite and it was the best part of the trip. I don't think we will ever go back to a regular cabin. The whole ship was really nice. We loved the movies under the stars. The food was great and we thought the service was great too.

The Panama train tour was very nice. We took a lot of photos and video since I don;t think we will do this itinerary again.

Our greatest disappointment was not seeing Costa Rica.

Do you have any pics of your suite? We have a 12 next March on the Freedom, and would love to see some! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for sharing your incredible trip with so many of us. Looking throught your pictures, I noticed the picture of the TV in your cabin. Is there a DVD player as well, or, if you can recall, would we be able to bring a DVD player to "hook up?" We have a really small player that would pack easily. We will be traveling with our autistic son who loves his Disney Sing-a-longs....we can't make it 6 days without them!:eek:

We can pack our laptop if we need to, but were hoping to be able to use the equipment in the cabin.

Thanks again,

Tracy in NC

Archived