Internet access in Juneau

Mugga

Just off the Serenade, Masy 30th Sailing.

With my new netbook, I went on a search for internet access in Juneau. I knew to look for Heritage Coffee house and McDonald's.

Heritage Coffee said their internet was down and had been for a few days. On the way up the street to McDonald's I noticed a sign in the window of a tavern. We wandered into the Triangle Club Bar and were delighted to find a very nice place that offered high speed internet for your laptop or their computers. All you have to do is buy a drink (How tough is that?)

The owner, LeeAnn Thomas was very nice. She told us her grandfather had died by falling of the pier and had left her grandmother to raise 7 children. She had taken over the bar from her father. It was full of wonderful pictures of the history of Juneau.

Here is the link to their website

http://www.triangleclubbar.com/

The Triangle's a very comfy dive bar. Some of the dives along Franklin Street have a creepy vibe, others are more young people oriented, but the Triangle is a place that folks can have a cup of coffee and not feel uncomfortable.

Archived