norwegian weddings

huntstep

We almost booked our wedding through NCL's group but chose to go with a local independent coordinator since we were marrying at a port of call (off the ship). Married on St John, USVI (ferry ride from St Thomas).

The things that turned us off from this group:

1) We were told we could not be sworn in during an upcoming land vacation and then marry four months later on the cruise. I called the courthouse directly (St Thomas) and was told we could swear in up to 12 months prior to the wedding, pick up the license up to 3 months prior. So since NCL said we couldn't do that but the law said we could, we went with a coordinator willing to work with us. (We were flying into St Thomas almost 4 months prior to the wedding for vacation and to pick out the best wedding beach, then returning on a cruise to marry - so we wanted to get the courthouse stuff done and not let it take away from our one day in port for the wedding). We were sworn in Nov 2002, minister picked up the license in early March 2003, we were married in late March. No problems.

2) They also said we couldn't charter a catamaran for our reception... which we ended up doing (could have booked it independently but tied it in with our wedding coordinator anyway).

So based on those two reasons, we did not choose NCL's wedding group (this was research in summer 2002 for a spring 2003 wedding). Maybe they are a little more accommodating now. Pricing did end up being better using our coordinator on St John versus the packages presented to us at the time.

Otherwise, we had an absolutely wonderful NCL cruise and wedding on St John. :) Just did not book through NCL's group for the above reasons.

I am getting married on the Carnival Legend out of NYC in May 2005. I considered the NCL Dawn. They had three packages. One with a luncheon reception. I decided on the Carnival Legend instead of the Dawn because:

1. Intinary is better on the Legend for 2005.

2. Legend has a Chapel that will fit 35-40 and looks like a church.

3. The Dawn's Chapel will fit under 20 and looks more like a Conference Room.

4. I went to New York and discovered that because they have free style disembarkment you may wait a long time before you can get on the ship for your wedding. But, I did like the Dawn's wedding coordinator beter than the Legend's wedding coordinator.

Archived