Sunny Liston

bsfd118

I was just wondering has anybody done his tour and how was it. I was thinking of doing it privately. Do not need to shop for three hours i rather see more of the island and more time at the beach.

We toured St. Thomas with Sunny on our first visit there. He was terrific. He plays music and really entertains his group. As I remember, you can customize his tours to the things that interest you. He was always quick to answer my questions via email, so I would recommend you email him with what you want to do and get his thoughts and prices.

Enjoy your trip. We also did the Sky Ride to the mountain top (across the street from the port). Tickets are available onboard. You go on your own - not a group tour. Try the Baileys Bushwhacker drink at the top. Like a Wendy's Frosty except made with Baileys liqueur and other liquors. :D

We booked with Sunny Liston and had Gie-Gie as our guide last Monday. We did 2 hrs shopping, 2 hrs touring and 2 hrs beach. Perfect amount of time for each. We chose Sapphire Beach - beach was perfect, facilities were adequate. Tour was lots of fun with music and singing!

We booked with Sunny Liston and had Gie-Gie as our guide last Monday. We did 2 hrs shopping, 2 hrs touring and 2 hrs beach. Perfect amount of time for each. We chose Sapphire Beach - beach was perfect, facilities were adequate. Tour was lots of fun with music and singing!

Hey Z,

Did Mountain Top Burn Down? We are doing a privite tour with Sunny, not too much shopping little more time beach time and sight seeing. Which beach has parasailing and jet skis and do they have a banana boat rides.

Thanks BSFD118

We did the tour with Sunny on June 8th and had a great time. Mountain Top did burn down so Sunny took us to the botantical gardens instead where they now have the banana daquiri's that used to be at Mountian Top. We finished the tour with a couple hours at Sapphire Beach.

Although the tour was great, next time I would just go to Sapphire Beach for the day. The snorkeling here was outstanding! The parasailing that I saw seemed to be leaving close to where the cruise ships dock, not from the beach. I didn't see any jet ski's or banana boat rides at either Megan's Bay (when looking down at it from the botantical gardens) or Sapphire Beach.

Just to give you a warning... We booked with Sunny Liston for a tour in 2006. I had received a confirmation from him. When we got to the port, he had given our tour over to Godrey Tours without our permission. Godfrey was waiting for us with a sign with our names on it. I asked him where was Sunny and he said ,"Oh, he picked up a larger group so he gave me your names. " I had booked with Sunny because I had read bad things about Godfrey. So, we were not happy at all. When we got on the bus, there were at least half of the people complaining about Sunny giving away their tours. So, if you book with him, please verify that he will not give away your tour to someone else. By the way, Godfrey was awful.

• 3 months later...
Just to give you a warning... We booked with Sunny Liston for a tour in 2006. I had received a confirmation from him. When we got to the port, he had given our tour over to Godrey Tours without our permission. Godfrey was waiting for us with a sign with our names on it. I asked him where was Sunny and he said ,"Oh, he picked up a larger group so he gave me your names. " I had booked with Sunny because I had read bad things about Godfrey. So, we were not happy at all. When we got on the bus, there were at least half of the people complaining about Sunny giving away their tours. So, if you book with him, please verify that he will not give away your tour to someone else. By the way, Godfrey was awful.

Hi,

Well that doesn't seem very fair. I would have been upset too. I was thinking about booking with Godfrey. I noticed you said you had read bad things about Godfrey. Can you share with me what you read. I didn't notice any bad reviews before on him. Thanks!:confused:

Same thing happened to us. But it wasn't Godfrey, it was Tim from wherever:confused: Tim was a great guide, very informative and friendly, but not fun. We wanted singing and music and there was none. VERY disappointing for the nine of us.

We've been with Godfrey, and he was certainly not awful. He is an extremely nice gentleman, loves his island, and is full of knowledge which he shares about St. Thomas. He is more reserved than Sunny Liston, doesn't sing and shout, etc. Last week we did the Sunny Liston tour, with Sunny himself as our tour guide. I have to admit, we had a total blast with him. Still can't get a couple of those songs out of our heads! The two tours are basically identical. Godfrey is very personable, but dignified. Sunny is a wild man! Each tour has it's own flavor. It all depends on what you like. We were happy with both of them.

We booked in advance with Sunny, but he was a "no show". Very frustrating as it wasn't clear if we were supposed to meet him right outside the gate (like our confirmation said) or off to the right where all the other pre-paid tours were loading.

Godfrey was nice enough to call Sunny and then took us and others to the shopping area, but we lost a lot of shopping time. Then we got handed off to Elvis, who said he worked with (or for?) Sunny and he told us exactly where and when he would pick us all up. Of course Elvis was late... but eventually we did see most of the sights we were supposed to and spent a few minutes at Sapphire Beach before it started raining.

So

1) I was disappointed that Sunny was a no-show

2) I was disappointed that Sunny's web site makes it sound like Sunny does the tours himself, but actually has a staff or trades customers to other operators

Hi,

I was wondering if you can tell me about the ship time. I know when we get there it should be 10:00 ship time but if they have us move our watches up 1 hour then it will be 11:00 a.m. How did that work? Did you only get 1 hour of shopping versus two hours. As it states from Sunny's website if you arrive at 11:00 you will have one hour to shop.:confused: Thanks!

• 2 years later...
I was just wondering has anybody done his tour and how was it. I was thinking of doing it privately. Do not need to shop for three hours i rather see more of the island and more time at the beach.

Maybe it was just the driver we got, but we had a bad experience with this tour and so did some friends of ours. For our friends, they were dropped off downtown and told they would be back at a certain time to pick them up and they never returned. Luckily another tour company picked them up. I heard he returned their money.

In our case, they were late picking us up to complete the tour after dropping us off downtown. Going up to the mountain top was fine, singing etc. On the way back no singing and the driver took 2 hrs. and 15 mins. getting us back to the ship because he took the long way thru traffic and took the time to go by and pick his son up from school while we sat and waited. We barely made it back to our ship in time. Not a good experience.

Do they have chair and umbrella rentals on Sapphire Beach?

Wow...I am a little disappointed to hear about this type of tour trading....We used Sonny a few years ago when it was just my wife and i cruising, and now will have a group of 10 going in June 2013 and I have already booked our tour with him for that trip....We absolutely had a ball the first time, and I want my friends and family to experience the singing/music etc that was the Sonny Liston Tour.....

I guess I will just have to trust that the old switcharoo will not take place, as I wonder what type of recourse one has should the tour be traded out...

David:D

Archived