Canceling a cruise and Future Cruise Credit

grey625

Looks like my husband and I are going to have to cancel our upcoming cruise. We are booked in BA and final payment is not due until July 14th, so we are trying to hold off as long as possible before we cancel. We used a future cruise credit toward the deposit.

My question is: do we have to immediately transfer the credit to another cruise or can we just put it back into our "account" for the time being?

We just purchased it in September 2008, so I think we have some time before it expires. Just not sure if we have time before we have to commit to another cruise.

Thanks!

I'm looking at the most recent paperwork I received. According to this, as long as you cancel before the expiration date, you will be fine. The certificate will revert back to its original exp date. If you cancel after the expiration date, the certificate will be forfeited.

Looks like my husband and I are going to have to cancel our upcoming cruise. We are booked in BA and final payment is not due until July 14th, so we are trying to hold off as long as possible before we cancel. We used a future cruise credit toward the deposit.

My question is: do we have to immediately transfer the credit to another cruise or can we just put it back into our "account" for the time being?

We just purchased it in September 2008, so I think we have some time before it expires. Just not sure if we have time before we have to commit to another cruise.

Thanks!

Here is the quote from NCL site:

To cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit, you must submit the cancellation in writing and it must be received by NCL in accordance with NCL cancellation policies and procedures. The Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit will be re-issued minus any cancellation fees, but will retain its original expiration date. If you cancel a reservation made with a Freestyle Cruise Rewards Deposit after its expiration date, it will be forfeited. You are expected to have appropriate travel documentation. Cancellations due to lack of appropriate travel documentation (e.g., improper or expired visas or passports, etc.) will incur applicable cancellation fees.

I had to cancel my April cruise in February, because I was told my department was moving to another state. I lost my cruise deposit certificate and there was no mention of me keeping it for another cruise.

We have changed our bookings made with FCC before and never had a problem. I would contact NCL or your travel agent if you went that way. We were booked on the Circle the Caribbean and decided due to vacation time issues to change to a shorter cruise, the final on the Majesty. No penalties, nothing. Again, I would call.

I had to cancel my April cruise in February, because I was told my department was moving to another state. I lost my cruise deposit certificate and there was no mention of me keeping it for another cruise.

Is it possible that the certificate was passed the expiration date? If not, then maybe it's still linked to your Latitudes number???

If I read this correctly it looks like you canceled within the 75 -30 days and therefore you lose your deposit. Here is the link to NCL cancellation policy

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions#cancellation

sounds like you cancelled less than 75 days prior to sailing. Normally, if you cancel far enough in advance you do not lose the credit.

Nita

Archived