APTours/Amalfi Coast Lunch

Can anyone who has used APTours for the Pompeii/Amalfi Coast tour tell me the name of the restaurant(s) they used for lunch - presumably in Ravello (Texancruiser I believe said the had lunch there)? I'm just curious if they use the same place all the time or have several places depending on how busy they are, etc. I've seen some good reviews here that I'd like to try but I wouldn't want to suggest anyplace to the tour company if what they chose is as good if not better (or better priced). For one thing, I'm actually thinking of skipping Ravello (or just a short stay) if I find someplace I like better in Amalfi. Just wondered if we can already be pretty sure of where they'll take us or if it's a hit-or-miss situation. Thanks for any advice if you have it!

Janoma, since we had alot of things on our "to do" list that day we (4 couples from roll call) all voted to "do our own" thing for lunch instead of a time-consuming sit down lunch. After Pompeii we went to Ravello, then Amalfi where we had extra time on our own to get lunch. DH and I found a wonderful little pizza place (they had other stuff too) right down the street from the church steps a ways. We all had decided we would rather have more time to "see" than eat :D Just a personal preference thing. After that we went to Positano and finally Sorrento. We then took the ferry back to Naples. So we saw it all :) I loved Ravello. I personally would skip Sorrento and do the 3 smaller villages (Ravello, Amalfi and Positano) as they have so much charm but are each unique. So - sorry I can't help with a restaurant recommendation. Whatever you decide you will have a wonderful day with APTours.

Archived