Newark to Manhattan question

sogamusicman

Assuming you are transferring from Newark airport, when you go to claim your checked luggage you will find Carnival representatives (holding signs, usually), wandering around the baggage claim area. They have a list of names and flight info. Report to them and they can direct you to the arranged transportation.

I'd also like to add my "clear as mud" experience earlier this month. We had a flight booked flying into Newark the day of the cruise and purchased the transfers. After DW read a post on here about troubles we decided to come in a day early and do some NYC sightseeing. I called carnival and they assured me that we could still used the transfers even though we wouldn't be arriving with the original plane. We awoke and had breakfast at the hotel and arrived at the airport before the original plane would have landed. We were sceduled for terminal A but went to Terminal C for the transfer. At the baggage claim area you'll see an information/help desk. They had us take a seat and wait. Well on the documents it says if no one is available to pick up the phone and call a #. After 10-15 mins of just sitting there I decided to do this. The nice lady on the other line said they'd send someone right over and within 5-10 mins a guy showed up. He DIDN'T have carnival attire on OR a sign. He was asking if anyone was waiting to go to NY. I showed him our transfer thing on the documents and he made a call. If you do both pre and post transfers make sure to print out TWO copies as he'll need to keep a copy for his records. He showed us the way to his van and off we went. Dropped right at the porters, nice tip for the fast ride and headed in for checkin. I noticed there was more then enough room for luggage in the back of his van also. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but be prepared as the driver might have pax that are going other places as well. we were the only ones in the van with luggage that wasn't small so we didn't have to worry about it being on the bottom of the pile. Just something to consider so you don't have to dig it out when you arrive at the port.

Archived