Quick question on Tabyana Beach Excursion

EydieG

I know I could have asked this on the Roatan board but I seem to get faster answers on this one. Anyway, Carnival's site says this ends in an hour but the full details say a bus leaves every hour. This is probably a silly question but can we stay longer than an hour? We booked one similar on RCCL once and they expected the guest to leave every hour so new guest could arrive. I am totally not interested in booking it private no matter how much we could save.

Thanks!

We did this excursion through Carnival last October. The bus will leave every hour - so you can hang out as long as you want...I think we did end up being on the last bus...but they'll let you know what time the last bus is. You don't have only one hour. By the way, I thought that was a beautiful beach - I would go there again in a minute! Right next door is a time share condo place called Infinity Bay - you can look it up on the web - they have an awesome pool! (Of course, not for use by the cruisers but we just wandered through and looked around..)

Have a great time!!

Just to add one little thing....the first bus back to the pier doesn't leave until around 3:30pm or so. So basically, if you get there by 1 or 1:30, depending on what time your trip starts, you will be there for at least 2 hours. And like the other poster said----the beach was beautiful!!:D

The buses to there also run continuously. As one fills, it leaves. They stagger the times so not everyone shows up at the same time.

I liked it better before they built all the condos, but that is progress :confused:

The snorkeling is still amazing.

Right next door is a time share condo place called Infinity Bay - you can look it up on the web - they have an awesome pool! (Of course, not for use by the cruisers but we just wandered through and looked around..)

Have a great time!!

Hi! I saw pictures of Infinity Bay and was very taken with it. Especially the pool you mention with the swim up bar. Now, I know of course they would not care for us cruisers barging into their pool, BUT suppose you became a paying customer by buying lunch and/or drinks at that bar? Do you think they would mind if you were "swimming up" to spend money?

I know I could have asked this on the Roatan board but I seem to get faster answers on this one. Anyway, Carnival's site says this ends in an hour but the full details say a bus leaves every hour. This is probably a silly question but can we stay longer than an hour? We booked one similar on RCCL once and they expected the guest to leave every hour so new guest could arrive. I am totally not interested in booking it private no matter how much we could save.

Thanks!

You basically pay for transportation and a chair. You are taken to the beach, told when the first bus leaves, and when the last one leaves and left to your own. There are a number of other buses between the first and the last. The last one leaves about 90 minutes prior to sailing.

Archived