Dinner Choice

crestofawave

Although I don't play bridge I have been on well over 30 SS cruises and it's been my experience that on itineraries with several sea days (for example the Canal cruise) there are bridge instructors.....perhaps SS made the decision that with port intensive itineraries it's a waste of time because of everyone is off ship.

Just a thought....

Dusababy

Sorry, but from my perspective kids do NOT belong on a SS cruise. I would never dream of including my 4 grankids ages 8 to 11. It's not fair to other passengers. Take a DISNEY or Carnival cruise. They welcome kids

I don't have any but find this attitude shocking, especially if SilverSeas is now having a kids counselor on some of their cruises/ships as someone else mentioned. Perhaps this ship, or specific itinerary, is no longer the right line for you. So far I have not been on any cruises that specified "No children allowed".

In my opinion most of the responders have it all wrong. Whether or not the children will have a good time is not the issue. The focus is on the majority of full paying passenges and what they prefer and why this particular cruise line was selected.. This was and hopefully still is an upscale cruise line catering to mature adults wanting to be away from kids. I think people who bring children(under 18) are disrespectful of others.

Where does it say that children under 18 are not allowed on SilverSeas???

Meow, all that gets you is recognition at the Party. After 500 days, there is a gratis week every 150 days over 500. With quite a few "frequent floaters" reaching high numbers these days, I imagine SS will have to come up with new perks! I know, I know, off topic!

:)

So you likely have a ruby pin (350 days). Will that give your priority for La Terrazza for dinner choice, for example?

Meow

La Terrazza priority is not a big perk for me.

The goal in the early days was to get to the free laundry mark at 100 days.

Once that was reached -- my husband observed WHAT A DEAL! -- it only cost $100,000 -- and that was in the days when $100,000 spent on Silversea was real money.

Dusababy;)

Archived