Looking for beach bars in the Grenadines!

rpnuge

My wife and I are going on the Star Clipper on 11/14 out of Barbados. We will visit Barbados, St Vincent , Tobago cays ,St Lucia, Martinique

Union Island plus a few of the smaller islands.

We are looking for some cool beach bars or some unique places to stop in for a rum punch. We also like the history and background of the islands so anything like this. We want to do some catamaran tours as well.

So anybody that has done this trip that found some cool places to tour or visit, I'd appreciate it.

Rich in MA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

I haven't sailed on Star Clipper yet but have been to some of those islands.

St Vincent - hopefully they will offer an excursion with Wayne and the speed boat tour. Usually there are 2-4 boats that will take you up the coast line and have lunch at a restaurant on the set of the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Wayne has the best rum punch in the islands and I have had a lot of rum punch. :)

On Tobago Cays, the ship will bring the bar onto the beach and I think they will bring lunch also. I have been on TC when SC showed up and this is what I witnessed. Same is true if you go to Mayreau. But on Mayreau, don't stay on the main beach, head to Salt Whistle bay, over the hill. So much nicer than the main beach.

I haven't been to Union Island or any of the smaller ones. If you go to Bequia head to Mac's for some lobster or shrimp pizza, then catch a cab to the Turtle Sanctuary.

You could go check out http://www.jammerbabe.com/flotilla and search for those islands. you could find some trip reports or stories about the beach bars on those islands.

Have fun!!

Tigger

Archived