HMC Cabana #9 questions

sparkle56

We have booked Cabana #9. Here are my questions:

1. Is this a good location? We want a more peaceful day, not a lot of crowds. But we also want to be close enough to walk easily to the different things that are there. DH is 67 and I'm 61, both in reasonably good shape.

2. The hammocks that are on either side--are they part of the cabana rental or are they available for anyone to use? In other words, while we are relaxing in the cabana we rented will random strangers be swinging in hammocks next to us?

3. The restrooms are apparently close to cabana #9. Does this cause problems as far as traffic, odors, noise, etc?

4. The clamshells--when those are rented are they already up or do people put them where they think is the perfect beach location? The reason I ask is that you see photos of the cabanas and sometimes there are clamshells in front of them and sometimes there are not.

5. What do you do if someone inadvertently shows up, thinking the cabanas are first come, first served, and don't realize they have to be rented?

6. Seriously, should we go for the butler package? There are only two of us so is it worth it?

7. Any photos would be greatly appreciated. I have seen some on these boards but haven't really seen any of #9 that are close up.

8. Can I snorkel from that area? While DH is napping (a favorite pastime) I will be seeing what the fishies are up to. ;)

You will do just fine with #9. The restrooms are behind #10, and shouldn't be a problem. Hammocks are available for anyone to use. The food pavilion is a short walk. You have no mobility problems, that should not be a problem.

You shouldnt see many clam shells that far down the beach.

I wouldn't bother with the butler for two people, unless you consume a large amount of alcohol, as it is included.

Is alcohol included ?

I don't know about Carnival, but with HAL, the base price of the cabana includes some snacks and soft drinks, as well as snorkel equipment, water mats, etc. If you get the "upgrade" to the butler package, then you get a different lunch delivered to your cabana (I think it's something like steak or seafood), as well as free booze for the day, and possibly other perks as well.

We have booked Cabana #9. Here are my questions:

1. Is this a good location? We want a more peaceful day, not a lot of crowds. But we also want to be close enough to walk easily to the different things that are there. DH is 67 and I'm 61, both in reasonably good shape.

My parents JUST rented #9 and are both 65 and loved it. Short walk to everything, but also nicely away from the crowds

2. The hammocks that are on either side--are they part of the cabana rental or are they available for anyone to use? In other words, while we are relaxing in the cabana we rented will random strangers be swinging in hammocks next to us?

Public use, but most people will be staying up near the lunch and bar area so I wouldn't worry about it.

3. The restrooms are apparently close to cabana #9. Does this cause problems as far as traffic, odors, noise, etc?

Not at all. It is a very short walk to the restrooms but do not cause a problem with the relaxation aspect

4. The clamshells--when those are rented are they already up or do people put them where they think is the perfect beach location? The reason I ask is that you see photos of the cabanas and sometimes there are clamshells in front of them and sometimes there are not.

They are down when they are not being used/rented.

5. What do you do if someone inadvertently shows up, thinking the cabanas are first come, first served, and don't realize they have to be rented?

Nicely explain to them that isn't the case

6. Seriously, should we go for the butler package? There are only two of us so is it worth it?

You get a good amount of food and drinks, and lunch is served at the buffet, so I wouldn't do it.

7. Any photos would be greatly appreciated. I have seen some on these boards but haven't really seen any of #9 that are close up.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

8. Can I snorkel from that area? While DH is napping (a favorite pastime) I will be seeing what the fishies are up to. ;)

the snorkeling area is a little ways around the beach for everyone. It is a separate area roped off, I believe.

http://www.insightcruises.com/pdf/Half_Moon_Cay.pdf

BlondieJen,

Thank you! :) That is such good information, especially since your parents are in our age range. I feel much more confident with this choice now. When you spend that much $ for a day you want to make what you think are good decisions about location and amenities.

Since the butler package is really for four and it will just be the two of us, we'll skip it.

Archived