Bring Own Equipment

Kween Karen

I am going on a cruise where I will be doing lots of snorkeling...(all over the South Pacific and the Great Barrier Reef). Is it best to bring along my own equipment? Maybe I could leave the fins at home and just take the mask and snorkel? I am wondering if I should buy new stuff (mine is several years old).

Gladly take any opinions.

I am going on a cruise where I will be doing lots of snorkeling...(all over the South Pacific and the Great Barrier Reef). Is it best to bring along my own equipment? Maybe I could leave the fins at home and just take the mask and snorkel? I am wondering if I should buy new stuff (mine is several years old).

WOW, sounds like a great trip!! I am kind of finicky and always take my own stuff!! Nothing worse than a leaky mask and snorkel or fins that tear into your feet!! I have given up open heals for traveling and use full foot now bot snorkel and scuba. Glad I made the switch, great UW performance and easy to pack!! Comfy on the feet too!!

Have a great trip!!

Definitely bring your own gear. My mask and snorkel are ten years old and still as good as new.

To confirm fit and fitness, test it in a swimming pool.

The operator will provide fins, but they'll likely be the stiff,oversized, type. I recently used shorty fins and they were very good in normal conditions.

I planned to use the operator's fins if there had been a strong current.

Archived