Which is Better? Cabo/PV/Mazatlan Zip Lines

gxchan

We are big zip line folks having done them throughout the Caribbean, Alaska and Vancouver (yeah, Vancouver was a surprise to me, too:)). We are looking for feedback on the zips in Cabo, PV and Mazatlan.

Thanks for your help.

Have only done one zipline, but I did a lot of research before deciding. Settled on Los Veranos Canopy Tour in PV. It was amazing! It had, I think, 14 zips, one almost 1/4 mile long, and a couple of them were really high. Google the website, it's very informative. Don't do a ship excursion, you will pay through the nose for a lesser experience than if you book on your own. Los Veranos gets rave reviews on these boards, if you read through these threads you will find lots of comments.

My nephew did the zips in PV and had an amazing time! The pictures he showed me were just beautiful. He looked like he was doing in in the middle of the jungle. Now my friend on the other hand, did hers in Mazatlan through the cruise ship. It was a totallly different experience than my nephew had in PV. She left to go on her shore excursions and a group of us decided to go down to the Golden Zone in Mazatlan by ourselves. We ended up at a restuarant and next door was a hotel that let us use their beach chairs as long as we just bought drinks through them. We look behind us and there is our friend on her zip line excursion! The zips were set up in towers between the hotel and the restaurant. The only foliage that she went over was grass and some small landscaping plants. Needless to say, she did enjoy it, but was disappointed with the location.

I agree with Los Veranos Canopy Tour. We have done it twice and our 9 yr old grandaughter thought it was fantastic. They have a nice restaurant for lunch if you want. If you want to interact with the monkeys, they have a small area which they give you food to feed them. Be aware, they know where the food is and love to climb all over.

Also take your swim suit as the river is fun but cool and they have two rock water slides.

Enjoy.

Maija and Retired Happy -

Thanks for your input. I'm really torn now, there is another zip line/adventure tour company in PV that looks really good, too. Specifically, their outdoor adventure is calling my name. You rappel down a waterfall, among other things. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions . . .

BTW, Retired Happy, love your handle and hope to be Happy Retired myself soon!:D

Hello and thanks to all for the information posted so far. My wife and myself are interested in doing the zip line in Puerto Vallarta, Los Veranos.

Can anyone offer information on buying from the cruise line or independently, costs? We'll be on Carnival Splendor. I know the cruise people really hype up the if you use us and miss the boat blah blah blah you're covered etc.

Thanks

Hello and thanks to all for the information posted so far. My wife and myself are interested in doing the zip line in Puerto Vallarta, Los Veranos.

Can anyone offer information on buying from the cruise line or independently, costs? We'll be on Carnival Splendor. I know the cruise people really hype up the if you use us and miss the boat blah blah blah you're covered etc.

Thanks

For my MR cruise I'm not booking anything through the ship which is really unusual for me. We don't sail until 6-7 p.m. so I feel comfortable that I'll be back on the ship, barring injury, before sailing. Booking independently is significantly cheaper than booking through the ship. When I was in AK, I booked independent tours and ended up with people from my ship who booked through the ship. I expect that will happen in Mexico, as well.

There are two companies in PV, the one you noted and the other one is now offering 30% off tours if you book before the end of the month. The second one is the same company RCCL uses, so I'm booking with them directly for their outdoor adventure (zip lines, rappelling down a waterfall, etc.) and America's Cup race in Cabo. CC has been zapped two threads that had tour company names, so I can't give you the name. Check out Google using ziplines and PV.

Have a great time!

Thanks

Good morning! I contacted the company that said they charge $79, but you get 15% off if you book online. I will be going at 9:45am which is to return about 1pm. Then I will be on my way to Krystals Hotel for my ultimate 75 minute massage for under $50. I am thinking about Carnival Splendour for Jan-Feb, as I never cruised on Carnival and want to give it a try. I will be in Mexico 8/23--when are u going? Please let me know how you like it.

Thanks

We will be on Carnival Splendor in July and I booked ours independently. We will be in port for 13 hours so dont' feel worried about it.

The 30% offer was only good through June 15th, but the 15% offer is available on line. The cruise ship cost (which goes to another cruise line) is $124 or $129 - can't remember - and Los Vernos has better reviews.

The meeting point for us is only 5-10 minutes by taxi and we booked the 1145 time since we will be arriving at 1000 PV time.

I am looking forward to it. Hope I don't chicken out but with two teenage boys going with me I will never live it down if I do!!!!

The 30% offer was only good through June 15th, but the 15% offer is available on line. The cruise ship cost (which goes to another cruise line) is $124 or $129 - can't remember - and Los Vernos has better reviews.

I just booked the America's Cup in Cabo and got 30% off, plus another 10% checkout. Ditto for the Outdoor Adventure in PV, booked for a total $68.60. You have to input the code from their homepage when you're checking out to get it.

My family did Los Veranos back in April -- it was fantastic! One aspect of the attraction that others haven't mentioned is that the guys who lead the tour are very entertaining! It's more than just the ziplines; from the time that you sit down for their orientation until the last line, they'll keep you laughing.

As for transportation, it's totally doable without relying on the ship. We took a taxi to their downtown location. It was $120 (MXN pesos), about $8.50 USD, for the four of us. We did not use the taxis right in front of the terminal gate (who tend to charge double), but walked an extra 150 yards to the main boulevard where planety of other taxis were wating. You can also get taxis in front of Wal-mart, which is across the street, if you happen to need to pick up something before heading out.

I think Los Veanos offers a pick-up from Nuevo Vallarta marina, too, but only one per day. If you use the downtown (main office) pickup, they'll give you an option upon your return of whether you want to be dropped off back at their office, or in the shopping area. We chose the shopping area, and then when we were done shopping, it cost only $80 (MXN) [$6.50 US] to get back to the ship.

By the way, when booking, don't forget that Puerto Vallarta is one hour ahead of ship's time (at least from the Mariner). An 8:00 am arrival means that it's already 9:00 am in PV. Plan your tour time accordingly. It takes about 20 minutes to get from the port to the Los Veranos office.

Archived