Black and White night

lynne17

Hello everyone. I'm sailing on the Ventura this August and was wondering whether or not one of the formal nights will definitely be a 'Black and White' night. If so, can anyone advise me whether or not all the women wear a black dress or will a dark formal dress suffice. Any contributions will be greatfully appreciated. Lynne

Don't know but I imagine they will have a B&W night ..it's just a suggested theme & not all stick to it but some sort of combination to give the effect is nice ..accessories maybe? Most think it's the highlight of the dressy nights.

I would be 99% certain that there would be a B&W night. They decorate the Tamarind accordingly and have ball dancing on the dancefloor. My only gripe with using the Tamarind as the ballroom was that the dancefloor was rather small.

I wore a black dress with B&W jewellery, and the B&W theme was observed I'd say throughout.

Yes you do get to know of what theme nights will be, but generally the B&W is on a formal night - we had a pirate, halloween and caribbean nights too, but these were on smart casual evenings, and mainly to co-incide with the party that was thrown around the pool that evening.

Enjoy your cruise (and shopping for said cruise!!;))

Jenni

Do you get information as to what the dressy night themes are before you go on your cruise?:confused:

To answer your question Sue...

YES when you get your tickets after you have paid your final balance, about 3 weeks before the cruise,it will say in the booklet 'number of formals, smart casual nights and semi-formals' -if any - it will then say 'there will be a b&w night...etc...most cruises over 7n have one, and it is usually the last formal night with a special gala menu.

Thanks for that my caribbean cruise isnt until feb 2011 but like to start early preps if i see things especially for special evenings like B&W and Caribbean Nights any ideas greatly appriciated on what to wear on Caribbean Eve? thanks in advance

The Caribbean, or Tropical Evening is a smart casual evening. The men usually wear very bright tropical shirts. I bought my husband a new one recently on ebay - bright blue with palm trees and parrots! I usually wear cream or white trousers with a bright pink silk kaftan top and I have a feathery pink brooch that I pin on one shoulder. That's the sort of think people wear. We are going on Azura in 2011 but not until March.

Carole:)

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone. I'm sailing on the Ventura this August and was wondering whether or not one of the formal nights will definitely be a 'Black and White' night. If so, can anyone advise me whether or not all the women wear a black dress or will a dark formal dress suffice. Any contributions will be greatfully appreciated. Lynne

On my last cruise on Aurora I wore white (ivory) on black and white night. I was in the minority and everyone kept asking me had i just got married!!!!!!!!

Archived