Pictorial Destiny Review June 15th Grand Turk and HMC

mom2girls

mom2girls - Welcome back and thanks for all the great pictures! We'll be on Destiny in October and have a single friend staying in 2335 so she'll be excited to see the pictures of her cabin!

Can't wait to hear what you thought of your ports. GT and HMC are my absolute favorites!

Do you happen to recall if they were selling DOD cards?

Thanks for the welcome back! I'm glad to help your friend with pictures of her cabin.

I have to say I really enjoyed my time in both GT and HMC!

Yes, they still have the DOD cards. I bought one. :)

DestinyDay2and3053.jpg (This one is now my wallpaper on my computer!:))

What a lovely shot!!!!

Funny thing is that my home computer and my work computer each have a shot from GT as the background too. :) Oh, how I love that place!!!!

I need the next 6 months to fly by ... I need to get on a dang boat, and fast!!!! Perhaps it is time for me too pack stuff in my DD's bag for goodness sake.

Miriam

PS. These photos have me wondering if you got any aft photos???

Great review as always, mom2girls:)Your pictures are absolutley beautiful, however a couple things are missing...Your adorable daughters;)But glad you are able to get some "you time". Thanks for sharing:D

It appears as if they have fixed the Margaritaville sign in front of the entrance - it was still missing a few letters when I was there in January.

Miriam

PS. Did you venture into the ocean or stick by the pool? The beach was rather rocky and uneven, shall we say! But the water was SOOOO nice :)

It appears as if they have fixed the Margaritaville sign in front of the entrance - it was still missing a few letters when I was there in January.

Miriam

PS. Did you venture into the ocean or stick by the pool? The beach was rather rocky and uneven, shall we say! But the water was SOOOO nice :)

I did go into the ocean for a little while. It was very nice, but the rocks hurt my feet, so I hung out by the pool for the rest of the day.

What a lovely shot!!!!

Funny thing is that my home computer and my work computer each have a shot from GT as the background too. :) Oh, how I love that place!!!!

I need the next 6 months to fly by ... I need to get on a dang boat, and fast!!!! Perhaps it is time for me too pack stuff in my DD's bag for goodness sake.

Miriam

PS. These photos have me wondering if you got any aft photos???

I don't remember if I got any aft photo's or not. If I did they're with my pictures from day's 4 and 5. I'll post them if I got any. (I'm thinking I did get them when we left Nassau.)

I don't remember if I got any aft photo's or not. If I did they're with my pictures from day's 4 and 5. I'll post them if I got any. (I'm thinking I did get them when we left Nassau.)

Cool! I have 6 months to wait for my cruise so what is another few days to see the aft of the Destiny ;)

Miriam

PS. Keep up the great work - I LOVE your thread!!!!

Love your pictures! Can't wait to sell the Destiny in January. I have a question. Does the Destiny have mini fridge's in the cabins? We are in a balcony cabin on the Empress deck. I am a diet soda freek and would like to bring some with me. Will I have to have it over ice from the ice bucket?

Love your pictures! Can't wait to sell the Destiny in January. I have a question. Does the Destiny have mini fridge's in the cabins? We are in a balcony cabin on the Empress deck. I am a diet soda freek and would like to bring some with me. Will I have to have it over ice from the ice bucket?

My room didn't have a mini-fridge, but I was in a 1A. I'm not sure if the balconies have them or not.

My room didn't have a mini-fridge, but I was in a 1A. I'm not sure if the balconies have them or not.

No, the balconies on the Destiny do not have mini-fridges. Love that ship though and this itin. Your pictures are bringing back memories from last October.

No, the balconies on the Destiny do not have mini-fridges. Love that ship though and this itin. Your pictures are bringing back memories from last October.

I'm glad you're enjoying my pictures. I'll be posting more later today.

After I ate I went to deck 11 to get the view from the ship. I have to say it truly is a beautiful island. I was happy to see that I was going to be able to get pictures of the Grand Princess as she was coming in. I'll have to say that Grand Turk had a pretty busy day that day with two big ships. At least they planned it so that we were leaving shortly after the Grand Princess arrived.

DestinyDay2and3070.jpg

DestinyDay2and3072.jpg

DestinyDay2and3078.jpg

DestinyDay2and3079.jpg

I know this sounds crazy But I didn't realize until now that this was the ship that I am going to be on in October!!! For some reason when I looked at your pictures a couple of days ago...I was thinking it was the inspiration... I had a duh moment!! But I am looking at your pictures from Grand Turk.. I went there in 2006 ( i believe ) and we went on a tour of the island and saw the school kids and saw how they lived... I really loved it!!! Thank you for bringing that memory back to me!!!

You are making me even more excited to be in the destiny in 3 or 4 months!

I love your reviews, read every one of them!!

Just have to know how you got those wonderful photos of Grand Turk Margaritaville pool area, without a sole around. It has always been jam packed when I'm there.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this wonderful review.

Cindy

Just have to know how you got those wonderful photos of Grand Turk Margaritaville pool area, without a sole around. It has always been jam packed when I'm there.

Cindy

I thought the exact same thing! :)

I know this sounds crazy But I didn't realize until now that this was the ship that I am going to be on in October!!! For some reason when I looked at your pictures a couple of days ago...I was thinking it was the inspiration... I had a duh moment!! But I am looking at your pictures from Grand Turk.. I went there in 2006 ( i believe ) and we went on a tour of the island and saw the school kids and saw how they lived... I really loved it!!! Thank you for bringing that memory back to me!!!

You are making me even more excited to be in the destiny in 3 or 4 months!

You're welcome! :) I'm glad you're enjoying the memories.

Cindy

That was very easy! We were the first ship in port. I was one of the first people off the ship. I took pictures before I relaxed! :)

Archived