Diving Miami before cruise departure

Sadere

is it possible? If so, can anyone recomend a dive operator? I live in the desert now :( so i want to get as many dives in during my vacation as possible. DH and I are flying in the day before, so I'd want to stick to "shallow" dives. I will need all equiment (except for mask/snorkle) I'll have my short snorkle fins, but not my dive fins.

Is this possible? I'll be diving along, so I will need a dive buddy.

Thanks for any feedback!

is it possible? If so, can anyone recomend a dive operator? I live in the desert now :( so i want to get as many dives in during my vacation as possible. DH and I are flying in the day before, so I'd want to stick to "shallow" dives. I will need all equiment (except for mask/snorkle) I'll have my short snorkle fins, but not my dive fins.

Is this possible? I'll be diving along, so I will need a dive buddy.

Thanks for any feedback!

I don't know of any good dives out of Miami, but someone else out there may have some tips for you.

Good diving in Key Largo, about 1.5 hours south of Miami. Just got back from diving with Rainbow Reef divers. They take out about 20 divers on their boats and offer a guide if you like. They would buddy you up with someone else, or you could buddy with the guide. We saw Nurse sharks, an Eagle Ray, and too many different kinds of reef fish to name here. They send out 2 boats each day, one does shallow dives only. They have equipment available for rental.

Closer by is Fort Lauderdale. I've not been diving there. I hear it is not as good as Key Largo, but not bad. It's about a half hour north of Miami.

We got a rental car out of FLL for less than $30/day.

If arriving "the day b4" I'm gonna guess that you'll not be available for a dive b4 NOON and that's VERY OPTOMISTIC.

You really want a FULL day b4, which probably means arriving 2 days b4.

And while there IS diving in Ft Lauderdale - and even a dive shop in Miami or two.....my 10 years living there says drive down to Key Largo.

THEN make arrangements with http://www.keylargodiving.com/

anything else will be a disappointment.

Thanks for the info. We already have our flights arranged so I can't come in any earlier. I figured it was a long shot, just hoping. Oh well, I can dive at all 4 ports during the crusie, so that should hold me for a couple of months. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks for the info. We already have our flights arranged so I can't come in any earlier. I figured it was a long shot, just hoping. Oh well, I can dive at all 4 ports during the crusie, so that should hold me for a couple of months. :rolleyes:

Let me know who you dive with in each port and how it went. We are thinking of sailing on the Valor next July. We just got off the Glory last week.

There's a free shore dive in the W Palm area--Blue Heron Bridge. One is likely to see big stuff and macro stuff in a 20 foot dive in crystal clear water. Only diveable at high slack tide as the current cooks most of the time. We are going tomorrow--the high tide is at 9:54 am. Google it--take a look at wadespage accurate except for tide info--it's from last year.

Archived