bringing Wii on the ship

The question was answered sufficiently by others in this thread .... incidentially before you posted.

Well, I'm glad we cleared that up . . . "quotes your first post within this thread that was of absolutely, no help . . ." :D

OP, have a great cruise

Well, I'm glad we cleared that up . . . "quotes your first post within this thread that was of absolutely, no help . . ." :D

OP, have a great cruise

As opposed to you first post that was redundant unto information that was already offered and a personal jab at someone?

I've never tried to hook up a Wii, so I can't speak to the possibility of doing that. That doesn't mean I think the OP should be browbeaten by the anti-gaming/anti-TV crowd here.

As opposed to you first post that was redundant unto information that was already offered and a personal jab at someone?

I've never tried to hook up a Wii, so I can't speak to the possibility of doing that. That doesn't mean I think the OP should be browbeaten by the anti-gaming/anti-TV crowd here.

What are you, the cruisecritic police? So what if my first answer was redundant which is more than what you did which was bash for someone who didn't answer it directly. Did I miss some else's suggestion of calling Carnival? Movin on . . . !!!

Is this cat bashing day or what?????

<puts a dish of cream of course with kahlua out for the cat>

What are you, the cruisecritic police? So what if my first answer was redundant which is more than what you did which was bash for someone who didn't answer it directly.

Bash? Hardly. I didn't resort to name-calling (unlike someone else), merely pointed out that the post didn't answer the question. And since I *couldn't* answer the question, I didn't.

Did I miss some else's suggestion of calling Carnival? Movin on . . . !!!

Actually, a quick search of similar topics actually provides visual proof that anything that uses AV jacks -- as in red, white, and yellow jacks -- can be though some have to be a bit more nimble to reach them than others.

A special thanks to Host Mach -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1007380&highlight=

Because of how the tv is positioned in some of the cabins, i.e., RIGHT in front of the beds, it might be hard to play any of the games that involve getting up and moving around. But that really depends on the cabin layout, how the beds are set up, etc. I can see it working well in some of the cabins though. i would check the room layout if you can to determine whether it's worth it.

I Understand your point and for my 2 cents...I say...forget that garbage and just act as though your kids should be with you enjoying the ship, not in the cabin doing what they probably do too much of at home anyway!

Even when our children were young ( of course we didn't take them on cruises when they were too young to enjoy them) we always stayed away from the cabin as much as possible.....purposely do not get a balcony and just enjoy the seafaring experience!

And unless you are getting connecting or a large suite, I would think it would be too tight as well.

In YOUR opinion it's garbage, and why can't wii be a family thing to enjoy together?

My family enjoys playing mariocart together, bowling and other "family" games.

Why shouldn't they enjoy THEIR cruise exactly how they want to?

I say live your life and let others live theirs............

Because of how the tv is positioned in some of the cabins, i.e., RIGHT in front of the beds, it might be hard to play any of the games that involve getting up and moving around. But that really depends on the cabin layout, how the beds are set up, etc. I can see it working well in some of the cabins though. i would check the room layout if you can to determine whether it's worth it.

lol thats why I said my grand daughter would stand on the bed to play if she had to.............;)

The bar that allows you to use the Wii can be set so you do not (in fact you can be in another room - why would you do that?) have to be right in front of the tv... granted you might be looking at the side of the tv but you could stand in the hall and use them. lol What is it with people who think the only way to have fun is their way? Goodness gracious we all have different ways of relaxing.

I'm not having a bad day. I just don't understand why there is this subset of people on this board who are so anti-TV/laptop/video games. It's not your vacation. Instead of giving a detailed of description of what *you* would do, why not answer the OPs question without offering a lecture on the perceived evils on TV, laptops, and video games?

OMG!!! Why do you feel the need to "preach"???? :eek:

How sad. This kid obviously didn't pass his English classes, but his parents still bought him a Wii.

Be very careful about what you say about spelling... can get you banned.

And guess what? I have a Wii, my wife and I, NOT my children. They can play it but it is ours not theirs. We play it many evenings, in fact we have been asked to turn it down by our 16yo... so they may not have bought it for the KID.

No wonder so many American kids are over weight!!!!!

Too much time with playing and watching electronics.

However, I believe in to each his own. So play on.:)

This always makes me laugh, because you never see any replies like this when someone posts about bringing books to read on a cruise, or when they mention they will be lying by the pool all day throughout their cruise. But as soon as video games are mentioned, someone has to bring up things about overweight kids, or how video games shouldn't be brought on board because it will inhibit some idea of "proper" enjoyment of the cruise. It's really no different than spending the cruise with one's nose in a book, as many people do. And as others have said, the Wii provides a good bit of exercise in many of its games - you can really work up a sweat playing some of them. We don't bring video game consoles with us, but I c an say that you can easily hook them up on the Fantasy - I hooked up my ipod to play a movie on the tv, and it was quite easy to do so.

If the kids are of age to be in Club O2 they have Xbox,WiI,etc in the club and also have tv's set aside for you to set up your own... this from my 16yo daughter who thought this thread was funny and kinda sad... sad part for the ADULTS who bashed the kids....

I would love to see a video game tournament on board for all ages on sea days. It could be a great way to meet new people. The final rounds could be played on the lido big screen as some mentioned earlier.

NCL does this - or at least used to do this. Seemed like a lot of people really enjoyed it.

This always makes me laugh, because you never see any replies like this when someone posts about bringing books to read on a cruise, or when they mention they will be lying by the pool all day throughout their cruise. But as soon as video games are mentioned, someone has to bring up things about overweight kids, or how video games shouldn't be brought on board because it will inhibit some idea of "proper" enjoyment of the cruise. It's really no different than spending the cruise with one's nose in a book, as many people do. And as others have said, the Wii provides a good bit of exercise in many of its games - you can really work up a sweat playing some of them. We don't bring video game consoles with us, but I c an say that you can easily hook them up on the Fantasy - I hooked up my ipod to play a movie on the tv, and it was quite easy to do so.

excellent answer Rowan, not to mention there are several new exercise wiis out there now, and they DO encourage physical fitness in people.

Anyone remember the family that wanted to sue wii because it told her 9 year old daughter she was fat, and mom said it ruined her self image.:rolleyes:

I'm not having a bad day. I just don't understand why there is this subset of people on this board who are so anti-TV/laptop/video games. It's not your vacation. Instead of giving a detailed of description of what *you* would do, why not answer the OPs question without offering a lecture on the perceived evils on TV, laptops, and video games?

its just an opinion. you can have yours they can have theirs.

as for an answer. we had a quad ov and there would have been no way for our kids to play most of their games. not enough room to move around. any game requiring you or two of you to stand up and swing the controller will me tough. also keep in mind that you have no secure place to store this when not in your cabin so there is a chance it could walk off.

its just an opinion. you can have yours they can have theirs.

as for an answer. we had a quad ov and there would have been no way for our kids to play most of their games. not enough room to move around. any game requiring you or two of you to stand up and swing the controller will me tough. also keep in mind that you have no secure place to store this when not in your cabin so there is a chance it could walk off.

Which is a really good argument to book a 9a, lots more room!!!! ;)

See? I'm always scheming.......... lol

Carole

Folks my son has brought his xbox, his wii, his IPod, his Iphone and assorted other higher dollar items and we have never lost a one! The crew knows it is in their best interest to leave belongings alone. He usually loans his games and the system to some of the staff when we are on shore. Yes you take a risk but my goodness we do when we leave our homes as well.

I enjoy the wii fit for the pilates/yoga and Rowan you are right on with hooking the IPod up to watch movies. It is so easy, small and inexpensive, we love it.

Live and let live people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemurCat viewpost.gif

He always does. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemurCat viewpost.gif

\

He always does. :rolleyes:

hmmmmmm what is Lemur supposed to be preaching about? She is preaching against telling people what they should do or enjoy on vacation? Each individual enjoys different things she is stating that people should not impose their own likes and dislikes on others.

I guess I don't understand your viewpoint

Archived