Are white jeans really "jeans" when considering evening attire?

Skeezics

Thinking about what I am taking on our August 23, Black Sea Cruise. During the summer, I live in my white pants.......then all of a sudden I realized that my white pants may be considered "jeans", since they are of heavier material. So what is the consensus regarding wearing in the dining room in the evening with strappy heels and dressy top? Especially since this is a more casual cruise. I immediately thought "no", but then a friend asked me the same question; so thought I would ask. Thanks in advance. Barb

Thinking about what I am taking on our August 23, Black Sea Cruise. During the summer, I live in my white pants.......then all of a sudden I realized that my white pants may be considered "jeans", since they are of heavier material. So what is the consensus regarding wearing in the dining room in the evening with strappy heels and dressy top? Especially since this is a more casual cruise. I immediately thought "no", but then a friend asked me the same question; so thought I would ask. Thanks in advance. Barb

Are they made of white denim? Do they have belt loops? I guess if blue denim jeans are not allowed then white (or any other color) denim is not OK, either. Keep asking, though, as you may get different answers. I would rather see a different fabric, especially in the evenings, but realize that is my personal preference.

It sounds like your jeans are dressy since you're going to be wearing them with sandals and a dressy top...in which case I don't think you'll have any problem getting into the dining room wearing them. Staff are probably on the 'look out' for blue jeans.

On our Med cruise last October the norm at dinner time in the main dining room seemed to lean more towards dressy as opposed to casual. For women, skirts, dresses, dress pants were common, but there were casually dressed people as well. I would bring your white pants and if you don't feel that they are appropriate for the MDR, they'll be great for the buffet restaurant (which we enjoyed a few times for dinners when we wanted to dine under the stars on the aft deck.)

You will be fine. There were tons of folks at dinner wearing things that were borderline - especially after long port days and no one said anything. I even saw regular jeans on the same person twice in the main dining room and didn't see anyone bat an eye.

For years - be it on X or Silverseas or HAL - I have mostly been wearing BLACK JEANS with a nice/expensive shirt, and sometimes even a dinner jacket - to dinner and-or in the evenings

I have NEVER been questioned by anyone whatsoever about wearing black jeans nor have I ever been turned away (right or wrong)

On our upcoming trip on AZ if I am turned away - so be it - I'll either go back to the cabin (without fanfare) and put on a pair of pants or dine somewhere else (lol) but since I have been 'dressing' this way on umpteenth cruises and in IMO my black jeans are always clean - with no holes etc - and IMO I look as if I've dressed up a little for dinner/evenings (my intention is to look nice etc - lol) I'm not expecting anything will change on this upcoming trip on this line

My point being I think there's a lot of leeway aboard cruise-lines (even on Silverseas) with dress codes especially if the accessories you choose give the general impression you've not purposely dressing down..

however this is just my opinion

jc

music industry

toronto

Archived