Explorer- August 1st

Fishbonz, we're going on the same cruise on 08/20/09. Haven't been on a cruise for two years. Can't wait to leave. Been on Explorer twice before. We love RCCL. We're booked on an inside cabin, but hoping for an upgrade. Recently told that our Ship is just over half full, so far.

What time were you allowed to start boarding the Ship on departure date? Do you by chance have copies of the dinner menus?

Fishbonz, we're going on the same cruise on 08/20/09. Haven't been on a cruise for two years. Can't wait to leave. Been on Explorer twice before. We love RCCL. We're booked on an inside cabin, but hoping for an upgrade. Recently told that our Ship is just over half full, so far.

What time were you allowed to start boarding the Ship on departure date? Do you by chance have copies of the dinner menus?

I'm also on the August 20th cruise - this will be my first RCI cruise and i'm trying to read as much as i can about the ship. Wow i can't believe it is only a little over half full - maybe we'll all get upgrades :)

Karen116, you'll love RCCL. Promenade is a great place to socialize. Main dining room is elegant. We are a group traveling from Philly. You won't be able to miss us. We'll be the ones wearing Philly sports gear. Eagles have two pre-season games during cruise and we're hoping one of the bars will have the telecast. See you on-board.

Philly Tom

We got to the treminal around 12:30 did all paper work and got right on the ship.First time cruiser's so wanted to be there early and start vacation asap.Sorry no copy of dinner menu but everything we had was great and sometimes I got 2 of them:rolleyes:.All the food and the waiter in the dinning room 10 thumb's up.

I was on the June 11th 9-nighter and had a wonderful time (2nd cruise).

We had an early flight in and arrived at Cape Liberty around 9:45am. We waited in the terminal with complimentary cookies, lemonade, and coffee until they started checking people in around 10:20, and they started boarding at around 11:30 or 11:45, I believe. You can read my full review in the member reviews section.

P.S. Can I come too? LOL!

We drove to the port and arrived at the entrance around 10:45. I have read horror stories about the traffic mess, people leaving as you are coming in. But there was no one there! Drove right in, dropped off our bags, then drove to the parking. Parked up in the 2nd row. (1st row was empty, but all handicapped)

We were in a GS so we were in a different waiting lounge, boarded the first buses. 12 noon if I remember right.

I was on the June 11th 9-nighter and had a wonderful time (2nd cruise).

We had an early flight in and arrived at Cape Liberty around 9:45am. We waited in the terminal with complimentary cookies, lemonade, and coffee until they started checking people in around 10:20, and they started boarding at around 11:30 or 11:45, I believe. You can read my full review in the member reviews section.

P.S. Can I come too? LOL!

We were on the same cruise.

Read your review. Very good and accurate IMO. There was another review there, when reading, I could not believe it was the same cruise.

There are NO issues with the propeller. Itinerary intact. The water was always hot, could not get cool when brushing teeth, etc.

I've been on several RCl Cruises, few different ships. And you have to look for any wear and tear through out the ship.

We had MTD, usually at 6pm, only once we did not have a window table. Must have passed each other leaving, you coming in at 7:30pm.

We were also on the Canopy tour. Sounds like the same bus, if the driver was wearing a Santa hat. Zip-lining was fun. The walk up the hill is what killed me.

We were on the same cruise.

Read your review. Very good and accurate IMO. There was another review there, when reading, I could not believe it was the same cruise.

There are NO issues with the propeller. Itinerary intact. The water was always hot, could not get cool when brushing teeth, etc.

I've been on several RCl Cruises, few different ships. And you have to look for any wear and tear through out the ship.

We had MTD, usually at 6pm, only once we did not have a window table. Must have passed each other leaving, you coming in at 7:30pm.

We were also on the Canopy tour. Sounds like the same bus, if the driver was wearing a Santa hat. Zip-lining was fun. The walk up the hill is what killed me.

I couldn't believe that other review either - that's why I rushed to get mine up, so nobody would get scared away! :)

We ate pretty late usually, ranging from 7:30-8:45. I was just disappointed that we didn't get a window seat until the last night when we asked both the head waiter and the hostess. Ah well - some nights it was dark by the time we ate anyway.

And yes, we definitely were on the same bus - comprende? He was hilarious! Definitely a bus ride to remember. And you might remember me as the girl at the back of the line when walking up the hills. :o

Archived