Promotional Pricing

Hello,

I'm planning on sailing with RCI summer 2010 with a large group. We were told that since we're book so far in advance that promotional pricing is not yet available but that our rooms will be secured at the lowered price when it becomes available.

I was just wondering if anyone knows just how far in advance this information is available?

I sailed on EOS 3yrs ago, and the current prices show an interior room at the same price I had paid for a balcony! We we hoping to get a balcony again but are worried the prices won't drop near enough!

Sorry, bit confused. Groups get 1 free berth per 8 double occupancy cabins booked, not any type of special pricing. The free berth is based on the greatest number of cabins booked. Who is giving you this info? Call the groups dept or a good LOCAL brick and mortar agency that you can go and talk to face to face. I am already booked with a group of friends for fall of 2010, and RCCL is booking to spring of 2011.

Sorry to clarify...

The fact that I'm going with a group really has no point to my question, so just ignore that part!

My TA said that she is given special promotional pricing from RCI but that it hasn't been released yet, and that prices are expected to drop at that time.

Sorry to clarify...

The fact that I'm going with a group really has no point to my question, so just ignore that part!

My TA said that she is given special promotional pricing from RCI but that it hasn't been released yet, and that prices are expected to drop at that time.

Sorry still have no idea what you are talking about, is she waiting until they have a special for TA's that will gain her more credits (TC'S) for the sailing?

There is no benefit to you for waiting because if you book now and the prices DO drop you still get the reductions as long as they are NOT for new bookings only.

You are going to have a lousy selection of cabins if you wait much longer. Especially with a large group. If I were you I would get on the phone with ANOTHER TA and see what answers you get, because I don't think your TA knows what she is talking about.

1. Book now since you will want specific types of room possibly close by. Prices drop all the time, typically near when final payment is due. Good luck!

2. Ask for the free berth benefit (I think the benefit starts at 25 people or 8 cabins but I could be wrong).

3. If you are booking thru ' a TA, ask them for cash back. They will make tons of commission on you and should share some of that wealth :D

1. Book now since you will want specific types of room possibly close by. Prices drop all the time, typically near when final payment is due. Good luck!

2. Ask for the free berth benefit (I think the benefit starts at 25 people or 8 cabins but I could be wrong).

3. If you are booking thru ' a TA, ask them for cash back. They will make tons of commission on you and should share some of that wealth :D

Like I said above it starts at 8 cabins with 2 in each cabin (3/4 th in room don't count towards TC) You should get the TC credit already, if they won't give it to you don't book with them and while your TA will make a good amount it is NO where near TONS as UNkelz stated as the commission is only on the base fare which is WAY lower then the fare pay, like 1/2 or so. You are also entitled to GAP points which are points good for perks like on board credit and such. Not all sailings have GAP points, but most do.

hmm, ok!

TA is a family member setting the whole thing up so I've got to stick with it!

Did great for us last time so I'm hoping it'll happen again.

Still paying the same for an inside room as I did for a balcony last time is going to kill me!!

Thanks for your help!!

hmm, ok!

TA is a family member setting the whole thing up so I've got to stick with it!

Did great for us last time so I'm hoping it'll happen again.

Still paying the same for an inside room as I did for a balcony last time is going to kill me!!

Thanks for your help!!

Since it is a family member why don't you call them and get the info, because she obviously has some inside track or crystal ball. No TA will say prices are going to drop at some point because there is no way to know that. Sorry family member or not I don't think she knows what she is talking about. I have been booking groups for a very long time (I am a the leader on most of them) and have never had my TA tell me to wait if the bookings are open we grab the cabins we want.

Archived