Find the book?

zeb1226

Does anyone have any information on where I can order a copy of Joe Upton's "Alaska Cruise Handbook"? I've searched the internet without any success. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? Thanks for any help you can give:)

Does anyone have any information on where I can order a copy of Joe Upton's "Alaska Cruise Handbook"? I've searched the internet without any success. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? Thanks for any help you can give:)

Used okay? If buying used just make sure it includes the map.

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Cruise-Handbook-Mile-Mile/dp/0979491509/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245794950&sr=8-1

They also sell a Joe Upton book on some of the cruise ships. I know they do on Princess and Holland America.

Used okay? If buying used just make sure it includes the map.

http://www.amazon.com/Alaska-Cruise-Handbook-Mile-Mile/dp/0979491509/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1245794950&sr=8-1

They also sell a Joe Upton book on some of the cruise ships. I know they do on Princess and Holland America.

Sorry I didn't pay attention to the prices that are currently on Amazon. They are outrageous. I would just wait and buy it on the ship if possible. I wonder what has driven the price so high?

Borders has it for $19.99 but its on back order. Barnes and Noble is out too but there's a used one for $30. I've been watching this book on Amazon and it went from $20 to over $80 in two days. Be careful, there's also the Alaska Cruise Companion: A mile by mile guide and the MilePost which are a lot cheaper so pay attention to the full title.

Every place I tried was out. Amazon has a price about triple what everyone else is offering. They are on backorder everywhere. I placed an order with HotBookSale and hopefully will get it before we sail in August (28th). Good luck.

BTW I think the run is because it has been recommended so often on many different web sites and it's the start of the Alaska tourist season.

Happy Sails!!

I think you are right that there has been a run on them, I got mine from Amazon and I can't remember the exact price but that one and the Alaska by Cruise Ship were less than $35 total when I ordered the first part of May. Maybe if you wait a few weeks it will go back down in price? When are you sailing? Hopefully the "run" will be over soon.

I usually go to bookfinder dot com when looking for used books as it will list copies being sold via other booksellers.

It currently shows that half dot com and textbooks Rus offer this at the best price.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your help. I couldn't believe the price jump on Amazon!! I think I had success with the abebooks reference. I wanted to surprise my husband with this one for Father's Day - we sail Sept 7th - so it will just have to be a belated gift. Thanks to everyone for your kind help!

Archived