Carnival Elation

spencercoop

I know there have been multiple posts about the Carnival Elation, but i was wondering if anyone has heard anything. I think Carnival must be deciding if they should move the Elation somewhere else. They only have bookings until April 30, 2010, so less than a year.

Elation is a great ship, but they do tend to farm out the older ships when they get as old as Elation is. Too bad because they still have a lot of life left.

The newer ships are more suited for the "freestyle" concept that NCL pioneered so well, and I think the older ships just do not fit the need as well.

The Elation is the second to last of the Fantasy class and is one of two azipod equipped ships in that class. She is actually the most technologically advanced ship in the fleet as everything imaginable is computerized. Carnival has only six ships with azipods, but several of the other Carnival owned lines have ships with this form of drive, so I do not see any particular reason why they might be choosing to get rid of this ship.

Doc

The Elation is the second to last of the Fantasy class and is one of two azipod equipped ships in that class. She is actually the most technologically advanced ship in the fleet as everything imaginable is computerized. Carnival has only six ships with azipods, but several of the other Carnival owned lines have ships with this form of drive, so I do not see any particular reason why they might be choosing to get rid of this ship.

Doc

I meant moving her to another port like San Francsisco, not getting rid of her.

Archived