Veendam entertainment

Maryalyce

I have been told that HAL appeals to more mature people. However, I'm booked for next year's Bermuda cruise in May. I will be travelling with my granddaughters, ages 20 and 26. Does the Veendam have a disco? Will there be any entertainment that will appeal to them? Has anyone travelled with young people and did they enjoy themselves? Any information (or encouragement) would be appreciated. Thanks. Maryalyce:)

None of the R & S class ships (Veendam is S) have a night club/disco. Since you're docked for several nights they can do at least some of their clubbing on land. The shows are often geared to an older crowd, but you might an "age neutral" act, like a good magician. :)

On the sailing that I was on, the younger set hung out at the piano bar with the guy who worked there (I would guess that he was in his late 20s or early 30s), and then went up to the Crow's Nest to party, starting at midnight. I can't say what went on at those parties- midnight was the witching hour for me- I was pooped after those long days. Unfortunately, this is the last week that Dave will be on the Veendam, so that particular dynamic may not continue, unless they bring another young, fun entertainer on to replace him.

I would say that folks in their 20s who are into the party scene would likely be bored on the Veendam. I am not trying to slam the Veendam, just saying that it probably wouldn't be the best ship for 20 somethings who like lots of night time excitement.

Archived