All-inclusive day passes in Playa

mgbfv11m2001

Here's some info I researched for my cruise next month.

AI resorts that offer day passes in Playa...this is not the only out there, just the ones I've researched so far.

Wyndam Viva Azteca and Viva Maya, $60pp all day and well into the night

Riu hotels, $50pp 9-6; $70pp all day and into the night

Adventura Palace (Pureto Ventura)$84pp all day and well into the night

Not an AI day pass, but well worth mentioning

Omni hotel (Puerto Ventura) free use of their facilities, just ask you spend $20pp on food/drink

Any other info any one has on AI day passes please post.

Thats good information...I only mentioned that price because I received an email from the hotel manager that mentioned that price, since you spent $40, that would have met there request. Can you tell me your experience at the hotel and is the dolphin swim right next door? thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me your experience at the hotel and is the dolphin swim right next door?

Pool at PA Omni is beautiful, with adjoining bar. Beach is probably the best in the community, with sand, palapas and palm trees. Snorkel from the shore on calm days (it's quite a swim out, but doable). Equipment rental on site for snorkeling.

The Dolphin Discovery is easily walkable from the Omni -- not more than 1/4-mile, perhaps less.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have an e-mail address for contacting the Omni?

http://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/default.asp?topic=bridge&h_id=47

Click on 'Contact Us' at top of page.

How did you get there from the port of Calica?

We rented a car at the pier from Executive:

http://www.executive.com.mx/

The Calica location is not on their website. Email Jaime at reservas@executive.com.mx for info and rates.

Plenty of taxis are also available at the pier. Puerto Aventuras is about 8-10 miles South of Calica.

The advantage of the car was that we were able to drive first to PdC and shop, then south to the Omni for beaching. Also wandered to Akumal to view pretty beach villas. All for one transporation price ($45 including $0 deductible insurance in October).

• 2 weeks later...

How do we obtain these day passes for the resorts? Do we have to reserve them, or can we just go to the resort and request a pass and pay for it there?

I have stayed at all-inclusive resorts before, but this is my first cruise and would just like to go and visit in case I missed out this year! Thanks:)

• 3 weeks later...
How do we obtain these day passes for the resorts?

In the case of the Omni at Puerto Aventuras, we had emailed ahead to confirm availability. Upon arrival, we visited the front desk of the hotel, where we presented a copy of the hotel's positive response to our email. We were simply asked to leave a driver's license for ID, which we picked up upon departure. Simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived