Private tour in Villefranche

dlhoward

We will be docking in Villefranche. I wanted to go to Monaco but heard Nice and Eze were better. My daughter wants to go to a perfume factory. Preferably to make her own but I haven't found where to do this. The RC ships excursions don't seem to include the perfume factory. What is my best bet to visit. We will be tendering so will probably not get ashore until 9:00 and the boat leaves at 7:00. Would a bus on our own be best or a private tour. Do you need to book in advance to go through the perfume factory? There will be 3 of us going for sure. Possible a couple others. If a private tour doesn't happen what is the cost of a bus compared to a taxi for 3 people?

You should consider a private tour. This will allow you to do everything you want. We will be tendering in Villefrance in July. I have scheduled a private tour that will take us to Nice, Eze, Saint Paul de Vence, Monaco, and Monte Carlo. It's an 8 hour tour, and they will stop anywhere you ask them.

You should consider a private tour. This will allow you to do everything you want. We will be tendering in Villefrance in July. I have scheduled a private tour that will take us to Nice, Eze, Saint Paul de Vence, Monaco, and Monte Carlo. It's an 8 hour tour, and they will stop anywhere you ask them.

We are going in late October and am considering the same thing. Which tour operator did you book? Considering rates in Italy and other parts, I found the private tours in France pricey, but doable with 4 or more people.

Where did you book your tour at?

Actually haven't booked yet, but checked with Revelation Tours and they quoted me 600E for the day for the car. 4 people makes it a bit more pp then the full day RCI tour. They got good reviewed on CC

After already booking 2 private tours that will be gouging into my wallet too much. Does anyone know the best way to go to Eze from Villefranche without alot of hastle and expense. I thought someone said the bus was better than the train but that they didn't think the bus went to Eze. We would also like to see Nice. Does the bus go to Eze or would we have to go to Nice first then hope it stops at Eze on the way back.

After already booking 2 private tours that will be gouging into my wallet too much. Does anyone know the best way to go to Eze from Villefranche without alot of hastle and expense. I thought someone said the bus was better than the train but that they didn't think the bus went to Eze. We would also like to see Nice. Does the bus go to Eze or would we have to go to Nice first then hope it stops at Eze on the way back.

There are a number of detailed answers to the local transport question if you search this forum. I've never taken public transportation. Apparently there are buses to Eze and Nice -but since Nice and St. Paul de Vence is on one side of Villefranche and Monte Carlo and Eze is the opposite direction, I think doing all of these in one day is only possible privately. I'm afraid that waiting for buses/trains for more than one or two points of interest will take too long. Still researching though...

We did a half day tour with Catherine from Travel Tour Prestige. She was excellent! Highly recommend her, it was so much fun and the area so beautiful. Also I found her rate sbette rthan some others in the area. And she was willing to do half day, not just full day. And we did go to the perfume factory, which I requested. Factory tour was about 15 minutes or so ,then some time to test and buy fragrances.

Archived