help or criticize "newbies"

ssca

There was a time, not too long ago, when there were quite a few very friendly, helpful, knowledgable people here. People that posted all the time, gave great advice, etc. Peoples whose responses I was always interested in reading.

Then one day I looked around. They had ALL disappeared. Just went 'poof'. I believe some can still be found on the group cruise threads, but nowhere else. The tide had turned. This board has certainly gone downhill with their absense. I still wonder what it was that caused them to turn their backs on this board.

Yes for you maybe at 30 yrs old.. there are many people.. who are twice your age and look and act young but will still ask if they have to turn the cd over to hear the other side... ;):p

You did have to do that with an Album...it is not the same with a CD?:)

Really? That's disappointing. Please show me where I have ever gone out of my way to tell off a new comer for not researching. Just because I believe people *should* do it doesn't mean I *expect* them to do it.

Haven't you yet learned if a post says "white", that poster will say "black"? How else would you get 12,000 posts in 3 years? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No, just my 3PM's. :D

OT: DD and I were in the basement recently, and I was showing her my old turntable from my rack system. There was also a pile of 45's, and the top one was "Do They Know It's Christmas". Being she knew the song, I picked it up to show it to her. She looked at it, and then asked how many songs were on it.

When I said two, her eyes opened WIDE!

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!... so funny

even worse is an 8 track tape!

Really? That's disappointing. Please show me where I have ever gone out of my way to tell off a new comer for not researching. Just because I believe people *should* do it doesn't mean I *expect* them to do it.

But unless someone died, left you in charge and didn't tell the rest of us, what you think people "should do" isn't relevent. You're entitled to your opinion, but does it really matter? Does it have any more weight than anyone else's opinion? This is a message board about cruising...people can ask questions and share information. If you don't want to assist a poster, just ignore a post.

There was a time, not too long ago, when there were quite a few very friendly, helpful, knowledgable people here. People that posted all the time, gave great advice, etc. Peoples whose responses I was always interested in reading.

Then one day I looked around. They had ALL disappeared. Just went 'poof'. I believe some can still be found on the group cruise threads, but nowhere else. The tide had turned. This board has certainly gone downhill with their absense. I still wonder what it was that caused them to turn their backs on this board.

Hey, I'm still here and I try to fit that description.

I believe some new(ish) posters ask stupid questions just to be able to post to the board.

Can my husband wear his bathing suit in the supper club?

Will my room stewart bring me a newspaper every morning if I don't remove their tips?

Can I bring a keg of beer in my carry-on or should I pack in grandma's make-up case?

My 7-yr old son wants to drive the boat will the captain give him a ship on a stick after?

If they run out of bananas will they give me onboard credit for another banana on a future cruise?

OK.

Remember when you were a newbie in July of 2007? :D

Ah but not really.. I was on CC before then not much but mostly lurked.... but we were moving and lost my pw.. I just started a new account.. dont know why i did it that way..

I was on CA since '99 or 2000 and they are/were much more civilized there.. but you can become eligible for social security waiting for a response to a post..:eek::p

I believe some new(ish) posters ask stupid questions just to be able to post to the board.

Can my husband wear his bathing suit in the supper club?

Will my room stewart bring me a newspaper every morning if I don't remove their tips?

Can I bring a keg of beer in my carry-on or should I pack in grandma's make-up case?

My 7-yr old son wants to drive the boat will the captain give him a ship on a stick after?

If they run out of bananas will they give me onboard credit for another banana on a future cruise?

I just skip over stupid, pointless or ridiculous threads. But I put nasty posters on my "ignore" list so I can enjoy the board without them. Everyone has the same option / right...they just don't have the right to dictate to others.

Ah but not really.. I was on CC before then not much but mostly lurked.... but we were moving and lost my pw.. I just started a new account.. dont know why i did it that way..

I fondly remember someone getting slammed for her Victory review:D

I fondly remember someone getting slammed for her Victory review:D

Viciously! and I came back each and every time.. and standby my convictions that was the worst cruise i have ever experienced ever!

LOL

Well you are correct we do disagree.......and I have to say by your comments.......this is why newbies don't like to post a question on here.......and I certainly can't blame them........

That was what I was thinking also but I didn't want to post it.:D;)

That is very true.. You confirmed my complaints..

Ugh! I still hate the ship and that cruise lol

BTW, you have to resend that shot of us from the Lido. Do you have my home email address? Do you still have the pic?

BTW, you have to resend that shot of us from the Lido. Do you have my home email address? Do you still have the pic?

I can email it to you right now... email me at work, you have it right?

Yes, the indiscriminate use of the term "troll" is quite annoying. Trolling is actually an art. People simply don't understand that. A good troll is pretty much a message board performance artist. They have a schtick. They provide entertainment for those who are wise to them. They should be distinguished from one-hit-wonders who post an on-topic thread and then take their ball and go home when they don't the response they want.

Lemurcat, if the board were to function as you have suggested, we would soon become obsolete as there are so few new questions. I do thank you for that definition of troll, as I had been trying to think of the word to describe your posts. Now I see they are simply the work of a troll, albeit a special type of narcissistic performance artist.

Oops, forgot to hit the delete key......

Archived