Vancouver--Are there ships every day?

When I was looking for a cruise from Alaska to Vancouver, I noticed that most of them seem to start/end on weekends. Are there any days when there aren't any cruise ships turning around? (I'm sure there's some sort of site I could check for the ships at Canada Place/Ballantyne on any given day, but I can't seem to find it.)

Thanks.

Here's the link to the Port Cruise ship schedule - mostly weekends and keep in mind that in 2010 there will 3 or 4 fewer ships departing - no NCL for the first time in many years;

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Here's the link to the Port Cruise ship schedule - mostly weekends and keep in mind that in 2010 there will 3 or 4 fewer ships departing - no NCL for the first time in many years;

http://www.portmetrovancouver.com/about/cruiseandtourism/cruiselineschedules.aspx

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks, Dennis. I'm mostly concerned at the end of this year's cruise... we'll be staying in Vancouver through Tuesday morning, and if there's no ship turning around, I suspect the airport will be less hectic.

Thanks, Dennis. I'm mostly concerned at the end of this year's cruise... we'll be staying in Vancouver through Tuesday morning, and if there's no ship turning around, I suspect the airport will be less hectic.

It really depends on the time of the day when your flight takes off. If you are going back to the States, the lineup at the US immigration could be long. You also need to make sure that you have enough time to travel to the airport from downtown Vancouver (where most cruise ship dock). There is always a mess to get out of the downtown area.

Have fun in your trip.

It really depends on the time of the day when your flight takes off. If you are going back to the States, the lineup at the US immigration could be long. You also need to make sure that you have enough time to travel to the airport from downtown Vancouver (where most cruise ship dock). There is always a mess to get out of the downtown area.

Have fun in your trip.

Yeah, I figured that. But it looks like there's only one ship in port the day we fly out (Silver Shadow), and even that's a small one, so we don't have to worry about a couple thousand more people at the airport.

But you're correct, the immigration line could be long. Probably not as much as a problem for the family we're traveling with, since they're flying directly back to the UK. We'll allow enough travel time to get to the airport, too (we're staying at a B&B in the Commercial Drive area).

Thanks for your advice; it's always good to know.

Vancouver International airport is a major international airport handling 18 million passengers/year (that's 50,000/day). A cruise of 2,000 extra passengers (and then assuming they fly in/out that day) is a pretty small addition to a normal day.

You'll be just fine.

Vancouver International airport is a major international airport handling 18 million passengers/year (that's 50,000/day). A cruise of 2,000 extra passengers (and then assuming they fly in/out that day) is a pretty small addition to a normal day.

You'll be just fine.

Thanks. We'll treat it more or less the same as going to our own home airport (Philadelphia)--including allowing for a flat tire on the way!

For the most part Tuesday and Thursday are the days without cruiseships in Vancouver this season.

Thanks, Putterdude. We're leaving on a Tuesday, so not having to deal with 4-5,000 extra pax at YVR should make it a little easier.

Archived