Weather 6/27-7/4 Sapphire Princess cruise

a1chemist

I am looking at ten day forecasts for weather for our upcoming 6/27-7/4 AK cruise on Sapphire Princess. The nice weather recently in AK seems to be changing for the week.:( For all days there is a high probability for 0.5 inches per day or more and somewhat moderate temperatures, lows in high 40s/low 50s to highs in high 50s/low 60s. We will not overly cold unless wind is blowing but have to prepare for more extended rain.

I had planned to take several shorts and short sleeve shirts, but now reconfiguring my packing for more longer shirts, one pair of shorts and two pairs of short-sleeve tops.

We have a balcony cabin, C119 on Caribe deck. I believe this has some covering from rain..Does anyone know if one can sit in these areas on a balcony while raining and stay somewhat dry?

Hello, we will be your neighbors on this ship C116 not on the balcony but an inside room down the hall. We have heard that there will be much rain and cold weather, but I wouldn't trade it for all of the beautiful scenery that we will see. Hope you will be able to stay dry on the balcony to see the beautiful sites!

The weather is labile. It can be warm and sunny one minute, cold and rainy in a matter of minutes. I found long sleeve type Tshirts the best. You can roll the sleeves if you get warm. I would definitely pack a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts (it was 80 and sunny when we were in Juneau a couple of weeks ago) and a cardigan sweater or 2.

Have a wonderul time.

Archived