Does anyone know if this is a good cabin?

Hi everyone,

I have officially booked my cruise for April 2010. It's just me in my cabin and I ended up choosing Aloha deck, Inside Cabin A155. Does anyone know if this is an ok choice and what the bedding configuration will be in this cabin? I assumed it would be a double bed? Any advice or photos of inside cabins appreciated.

Hi everyone,

I have officially booked my cruise for April 2010. It's just me in my cabin and I ended up choosing Aloha deck, Inside Cabin A155. Does anyone know if this is an ok choice and what the bedding configuration will be in this cabin? I assumed it would be a double bed? Any advice or photos of inside cabins appreciated.

which ship are you on?

You can usually choose either double or twin. If it is not as you like just ask your steward who will change it for you.

Aloha is very high up and close to the buffet,

We had a Balcony very near here last year.

From what i can remember .We found the laundry was handy as well.

Go on to Google or P & O website and look up Pacfic Dawn deck plans and you'll see what it is near

Thanks. I know exactly where it is and have studied the plan at length. l Just wondered if anyone had actually stayed in that room or near it. I am also chasing a photo of an inside room on the Aloha deck if anyone has one...? Thanks :)

Hi everyone,

We have been on Pacific Dawn and stayed in A167, it was a good cabin in a great location. You can ask for it to be set up as either twin beds or a queen (twins joined together) If we were to go for an inside on her again would have no problem with that area. The cabin was quite large too, plenty of room.

as i havnt been on the paficic dawn yet , from what i cant work out that cabin is a two berth and is the same size as an outside cabin 17.6m2 (except if there you are on deck 4 the two berth are very small ) is a lot photos around but there mostly in t/a sites so i cant put it on here sorry if you google (photo two berth cabins pacific dawn) or (inside cabins) it will find many good sites to find a photo. hope that can help you.

Aloha deck is nice and quiet at that end (just before the dogleg in the passage way),you can walk down the small stairs from the dive pool at the front and walk past the suites to your room.

I think most people in Suites and mini suites spend a lot more time in their cabins and on the balconies as we did in our mini,so if you go to your room via the dive pool you are not going to encounter many people walking to and throw or steward trollies blocking the passage.

Also walk out of your cabin and head to the rear door on Aloha and you come out at the spas,up the outside stairs and straight onto the buffet area

That way you can get yourself a lounge chair next to the spas nice and early and have coffee looking out to sea .

We walked to the rear quite often and even took snacks down to the spa deck from the Buffet in between sit down breakfast and lunch:eek:;)

The mini was a free upgrade and possibly a one off experience for us,but when I go on the dawn again I will try to get a cabin on Aloha and near the rear(as far rear as possible) because at times you can have the spa deck almost to yourself,its sort of like your own big balcony!

I think the cabin you have would be the same layout as most inside cabins but you have the easy access to the spa deck and pool deck without many stairs or having to use a lift, which makes it a plus.

Den

• 5 months later...
All such wonderful information. I actually wondered about that deck when I booked! Thought it may be a nice little extra space. Will definitely keep that in mind for next time :)

I've just been on a cruise on pacific dawn for 2 weeks and stayed in A157 - right next door. We had two friends stay in A155.

My advice is simple...CHANGE YOUR ROOM. Do not get a room in this area of the Aloha Deck. It is right underneath the main Lido deck near the pool. The first morning we woke up to our entire room shaking because they had boot camp at 7AM!!! They were literally rolling tyres across the roof of our room. It was shaking the whole room and impossible to sleep. It was pretty much impossible to sleep during the day if you wanted to catch up on sleep because kids would be running accross the deck above (it's closest to the kids pool).

Then there are the theme nights - Island (island dancing above), Cowboy (line dancing above) where the whole room shakes until 12am. Then there are some nights where the cleaners are rolling trolleys accross the top at 3-4am.

So it's not really a good room if your an early riser or a late night person, because it's difficult to get to sleep early and impossible to sleep in. I requested they change our room but was refused.

So anyone who is reading this, be very very careful about getting an inside room on the aloha deck, you have been warned!

Hi everyone,

What cruise are you going on. I'm on the one that leaves on the 20/3/10. We are also on Aloha deck.

Cheers,

Ross.

Archived