Liberty OTS - E1 Aft

One of the cruises that I am thinking about taking with my g/f is on the Liberty OTS. I know that the D1 aft cabins on the corners are the ones to have, but how do the E1 aft cabins compare? There's a decent price difference and a few available on the cruise we are interesting in taking.

One of the cruises that I am thinking about taking with my g/f is on the Liberty OTS. I know that the D1 aft cabins on the corners are the ones to have, but how do the E1 aft cabins compare? There's a decent price difference and a few available on the cruise we are interesting in taking.

I just booked the Liberty for next March in an E-1 AFT :D.. I have 9406 booked and from photos I have seen on webshots it will be plenty big for two people.. Those Big Balconies are like having an extra room as they are so large with two full lay down lounge chairs as well as two regular chairs and a table.. I know the E-1 Corners on Deck 9 Have the smallest Balconies in the AFT but are still much bigger then any side Balcony.. I say go for it..;):D

We just got off Liberty this past May and had 7408, corner aft.

Pros

1. Huge balcony

2. Very private balcony (don't tell anyone ;) )

3. Beautiful view of the wake from the ship

4. If you are not a sun person, you will like it, completely covered.

Cons

1. Looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng walk to cabins (we usually book hump cabins)

2. If you have a noisy family in the family suite on deck 6 and they let their kids play on the balcony, this will reduce the "private" part

3. There is a lot of ship "structure" that does distort the view. After first day we really did not see it though.

4. If you are a sun person, this balcony is not for you.

Final decision, I am not a person that normally spends a lot of time on the balcony nor do I like a lot of sun, I am very light complected and don't tan so sunning is not my thing, but I LOVED THE BALCONY. I normally will sit for about 10 minutes and go inside, not this baby, stayed out there for hours at a time. Would I book again, already have on Freedom for next year. Would I cruise without an aft, absolutely but it is nice, just not for everyone.

To help in your decision, here is a link to a thread that has pix of 7708, mirrored cabin to 7408.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=927403&highlight=liberty+review+with+pics

Tim

Agree with above poster. I LOVED the cabin and balcony. I also had 2 - 4hr "nap" sessions. On the Deck 7 corner afts you have a nice cross breeze when moving from the open porthole on the side. The only space issue with the D1 is getting around the bed to the balcony. A bit tight, but enough room to walk single file. I also liked that the bed corners are rounded, and that made it easier to navigate.

There is not much sun, but it can get very humid on the balcony when in port. I can take it, but my DH has to go inside to the AC in about 10 min!

BTW, there IS a security camera that can "SEE" onto the balcony! :eek: If you put the loungers near the porthole corner you should be able to become a member of the "balcony club" in private! ;)

I plan to post a review with pics next week!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived