Diamond Princess to Asia

puddytat

A few days ago I asked question about being waitlisted on Ocean Princess to Asia.

I guess I was too eager to have a confirmed booking so I cancel the waitlist and booked on Diamond from Vancouver to Beijing. Incredible price for a 22 day cruise.

Now was anybody familiar with that itinerary and how you deal with visas to the various countries it

A few days ago I asked question about being waitlisted on Ocean Princess to Asia.

I guess I was too eager to have a confirmed booking so I cancel the waitlist and booked on Diamond from Vancouver to Beijing. Incredible price for a 22 day cruise.

Now was anybody familiar with that itinerary and how you deal with visas to the various countries it

Hi puddytat. My wife and I did the Diamond from Beijing to Vancouver this past May. That itinerary included Japan (Muroran and Kagoshima), Russia (Vladivostok), South Korea (Pusan), and China (Dalian and Xingang/Beijing). The only visa requirement was for China. We had to obtain visas for China directly from the Chinese Consulate (for us, in San Francisco). We were told that Russian visas were not required as long as we were on ship-sponsored tours. No visas were required for Japan or South Korea. Our passports were collected and retained at the passenger services desk during the Asian portion of the cruise so that they could be examined by the appropriate customs personnel.

For U.S. citizens, the cost of single entry, double entry, and multiple entry visas was the same and so we chose multiple entry just to be safe. For non-U.S. citizens, the cost varies.

Enjoy the cruise, we had a blast!

Craig

Hi Puddytat,

Not sure if you are looking at the sailing from 12th September, 2009, but if you are come and join us at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=771261&page=15. We have quite a good roll call going and would be glad to have you aboard.

Happy cruising

Chris

Archived