Is 2 hour tender window enough?

MrSegway

We are sailing on the Legend in October. And we really want to try one of the independent tours and not book through Carnival. We are scheduled to arrive at 7am in the Caymans which is a tender port. And we are to meet the tour at 9 at the dock.

My concern is that I understand tours booked through Carnival are given priority to tender off first. Has anyone experience with this and do you think it is possible to get off the ship first thing in 2 hours?

We are sailing on the Legend in October. And we really want to try one of the independent tours and not book through Carnival. We are scheduled to arrive at 7am in the Caymans which is a tender port. And we are to meet the tour at 9 at the dock.

My concern is that I understand tours booked through Carnival are given priority to tender off first. Has anyone experience with this and do you think it is possible to get off the ship first thing in 2 hours?

More than enough. A word of caution. Make sure you know the time differences. You arrive a 7:00 a.m. ship time which is 6:00 a.m. GC time.

Carnival told me the ship will adjust to port time for each port. We arrive in Grand Cayman at 8:00 and the excursion we want to take starts at 8:30 GC time. My question is this: if Carnival says we'll be there 8:00-3:00 is that REALLY GC time or ship time?! Do I need to do a different excursion that starts an hour later? :confused:

Carnival told me the ship will adjust to port time for each port. We arrive in Grand Cayman at 8:00 and the excursion we want to take starts at 8:30 GC time. My question is this: if Carnival says we'll be there 8:00-3:00 is that REALLY GC time or ship time?! Do I need to do a different excursion that starts an hour later? :confused:

I don't know about the the whole fleet. All of our cruises have departed from Florida and the ship's time never changed. I can't imagine them trying to change all the clocks on the ship at each port.

Grand Cayman stays on Eastern Standard time all year long and does not observe daylight savings.

Grand Cayman is one hour behind ship time

If the ship docks at 7am-- it is 6am island time. (most carnival ships do not reflect island time.)

You want to ask the vendor if the time they are giving you is it island time or ship time. (stay on ship time at all costs)

Carnival told me the ship will adjust to port time for each port.

You can call carnival many times with the same question and get many difference answers. I have yet to sail a carnival ship that changes times while onboard- (although we have changed times on Princess)

Carnival excursions are using ships time not island time

sorry to confuse you even more.

Archived