Bringing Wine on QM2

jell

I believe that bringing two bottles of wine onboard is permissible. If brougt to the dining room or Todd English, is there a corkage fee? Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you in advance..

I believe that bringing two bottles of wine onboard is permissible. If brougt to the dining room or Todd English, is there a corkage fee? Any advice would be appreciated

Thank you in advance..

You may bring one bottle per person of wine or champagne on board to celebrate sepcial occasions. If consumed in the dining rooms or alternative restaurants, each bottle will be subject to a USD15 corkage fee

It does state that in the T&Cs however we took on a box of 6 bottles of champers and they were quite happy about it, that was in NYC, we then purchased several bottels of rum in the caribbean islands, we showed them to security as we boarded and they waved us in.

if you do want them opened in the restaurant, it is $15 corkage and well woth it to have your favorite wine for dinner

Admittedly, I'm not a wine afficionado, but I felt the wine selection was very nice throughout the ship. The Sir Samuel was a particularly nice place to get your evening going with some "rouge." :p

Alternately, I would not recommend buying any fermented substances from the ship. They are not delivered until the end of the voyage, and you have to stow them with the myriad other things that will catch your eye. They are called steamer "trunks" for a reason.

Admittedly, I'm not a wine afficionado, but I felt the wine selection was very nice throughout the ship. The Sir Samuel was a particularly nice place to get your evening going with some "rouge." :p

Alternately, I would not recommend buying any fermented substances from the ship. They are not delivered until the end of the voyage, and you have to stow them with the myriad other things that will catch your eye. They are called steamer "trunks" for a reason.

Unless you can keep them in your stateroom, steamer trunks are not allowed either.

Glenn.

Jill-

I believe 2 bottles are allowed(per person?) or per statertoom-

a $15 corkage charge per bottle-in all the restuarants-

jimjohn

as I said before , we took on 6 bottles of champers, then in st thomas 4 bottles of rum, they never said anything.

Just a thought, if you are allowed to take a bottle a person on board, would I be allowed to bring a couple of jereboams or magnums of champagne on board? Or is this just taking the mickey - it is for a special occassion.

It does help that my daughter works for a well know wine warehouse and would be able to get them at a very good discount :).

I take it corkage charge would still be the same regardless of what size the bottle is. It would be nice to be able to treat my fellow dining companions.

Just a thought, if you are allowed to take a bottle a person on board, would I be allowed to bring a couple of jereboams or magnums of champagne on board? Or is this just taking the mickey - it is for a special occassion.

It does help that my daughter works for a well know wine warehouse and would be able to get them at a very good discount :).

I take it corkage charge would still be the same regardless of what size the bottle is. It would be nice to be able to treat my fellow dining companions.

It is my recollection that the T&C speak simply of "bottle" without regard to size. However, to the extent that you request staff decapitate the thing with a ceremonial slice of the sabre, you may want to consider offering something more than the $15 corkage.:D

Well, maybe we should all get to know your daughter:), can it beat tescos 25% discount offer this week lol,

I dont see why you cant take one on, im sure Cunard wont say a word, and also $15 corkage is more than enough of anyones money.

we took on 6 bottles of our favorite champers, we didnt open it in the restaurant, we did on deck and on the balcony,

Yes, she can beat supermarket offers by waiting for a very special offer on champagne and a good staff discount.

Certainly something to think about but would not want people to think we are trying to be a bit flash as that is not us at all. Maybe I would need to wear a "I am 50" badge for the evening!

We took 4 bottles onboard when we did our TA in April. Not a problem. We had them in the cabin whilst getting ready for the evening. We also found the choice in the Britannia to be very good with a wide range and some reasonable prices. There was one particular Aussie white which we loved and the wine waiter soon picked up on this and offered it each night. :)

We brought four bottles of Verve champagne on our round trip but to be honest prices was very reasonable compared to cruise lines like Celebrity and we bought a few on board. A bottle of Verve on the QM2 was $78 per bottle compared to over $98 on the Celebrity Constellation.

Archived